Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Images Missing

Frequent Visitor

Email Images Missing

I, too, am receiving emails for the past few days with a little x in a square instead an actual image.  I forwarded one to my gmail account and the images do display.  What happened?  Did I make an unwanted change somewhere?  Thanks! 

Email Expert

Re: Email Images Missing

I'm not sure why some people get this.  Do you see a link above the message that says "View in Browser"?  If so click on it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem.  

I also forwarded those problematic emails to my Gmail account and no problem with images when opened in Gmail.

I used a different browser (Chrome) and then accessed my Xfinity emails as usual and there was no problem.

I haven't changed any setting in my email account that I'm aware of.

Frustrating situation. 

Frequent Visitor

If that option appears anywhere in the message and I choose it, I can see the image fine but most of the messages don't offer that option.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I'm baffled. 

Regular Visitor

same problem here ...was fine a few days ago and now red x's on all emails in Edge when opening Xfinity on here only it seems.

Frequent Visitor

Same here.

I use Microsoft's Edge.

There are squares with X's in them where pictures should be in my emails.

I have to wait to read some emails at work because my computer there is Windows 7 and Explorer 11 (Not all emails have the "View in browser" or "can't see images" link to click.) 

When I first got Microsoft's Edge the emails worked fine.

With the money you pay to have Xfinity I hope they fix this soon. 

Email Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

People see this because Comcast email programmers are less proficient than programmers for every other email provider. No other email provider service is displaying this issue. It's only Comcast. It's been happening for weeks so the fact that it has not been fixed yet demonstrates their lack of capability in programming.

Email Expert

All------------

I have tried to duplicate this issue and have not been able to.  On my iMac running Sierra, and using Chrome, Safari and Firefox, a photo emailed to my Comcast account from my Gmail account shows up just as it should.  On my Dell Windows 10 laptop, using IE-11, Edge, Firefox and Chrome, the same image shows up just fine.

I'll suggest that you clear history/cache in your browser, or try using a different one.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

It's not about attached photos. Some, but not all, embedded links do not display when using MS Edge in Win 10 Build 1703, Creators update.  If you are using this setup, it's hard to imagine you don't see it in several emails.

Email Expert

If you are trying to use a build of Windows still in beta mode, all bets are off with Comcast or anyone else.  Has it been offered yet as an update to the general public?  See here-----------------

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/26/stop_downloading_win10_creators_update/

That article is only 3 months old.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

The referenced Win 10 Build 1703 is the latest production build for Windows. It is not a beta build.

I just got off the phone with the Comcast advanced tech team after an initial call yesterday to first level support. They are aware of the issue with MS Edge and webmail images not displaying. They claim to be working with MS to resolve what they describe as a browser incompatibilty issue. They recommended using Chrome or IE until it is resolved.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation