Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Hacked

New Poster

Email Hacked

I have had the same email address with Comcast for over 15 years with no problems.  Yesterday I started to get 100's of emails stating my emails were not undelieverable or from "postmaster"  I did not send anything to anyone.  I immediately went in and changed my email password and deleted all emails that stated such. Last night it started again and a few more came in (close to 10)  This morning I went to get mail and could not get it stating my password/user name was incorrect. Went back in and changed my password once again.  Since doing this one more time about 3 hours after doing so, I got another one.  Are our passwords being compromised someway via Comcast?...I just cannot believe someone could have gotten my new passwords that quickly  I always checked my sent email there was nothing suspicious in there and I ran a full virus scan on my computer and nothing came up

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email Hacked

I advise that you immediately call the Comcast Security Assurance Department.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Email Hacked

I am having the same problem.  Is it a coincidence that this comes on the heels of the login issues that Comcast had last week when you only got the Kroger add and no sign in dialoge box?

I called Comcast security.

They said to:

1- run a virus scan

2-Change password and security question.

And then they tried to sell me an Identity Protection Service.

How convenient.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation