Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Folders

Contributor

Email Folders

I've created a few folders within my Comcast email account.  Some of them are missing!  I've saved many inportant emails in these folders.  Is there any way to retreive the folders, or a least the emails that were in them?

Email Expert

Re: Email Folders

Are you still on the old format or the new one?  Can you see any folders at all?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm not certain what the new/old formats are.  And yes, I can see most of the folders.  Only some have dissapeared.

Email Expert

OK do you see a small black arrowhead to the left of any folders?  If so, click on them.  Do the missing folders reappear?  Also, the old format looks like this------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

And the new format looks like this------------------

New Format.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Nothing happens when I click the arrows to the left of any of the folders.  I have the old format.

Email Expert

Then I'm going to escalate this to the forum administrator and get someone to look at your account.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you for trying!

Admin1

Hi bigig533 -- Have you also tried doing a Search for these emails? That might be able to locate where these folders are. There is a search bar above the inbox. You should also set your search options to include Spam and Trash folders just in case they somehow ended up there. Use this link to restore emails if you think they may have gotten deleted: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/xfinity-connect-recover-deleted-emails

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I see what you mean.  But when I find the emails for a folder that has become missing, how do I now get them back to a new folder that I will now set up?

Admin1

You can do a drag-and-drop. Click and hold to move the email. You also right click which brings up a task menu. One of the options is Move. That will pull up all your folders that you can move emails into. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

So what your saying is that I need to try to remember what folders are missing.  Then go thru all of my trashed emails to try to find the ones that pertain to a particular folder.  Then send them to the newly created folder.  

I periodically delete trashed emails.  So now those are gone.  So even is I know the missing folders, the trashed emails that may pertain to those folders are no longer available.

Why would the folders disappear in the first place?  I see that are similair questions in the community.  So if this has been happening again and again, why hasn't a company as smart as you, who charges a fortune for customers to enjoy your exceptional service, is not so smart afterall.  I could see if this is the 1st time this problem was brought to your attention.  But as far as I can tell, it's not.

So please tell me why you've not corrected this.  And do you think you might in the near future? 

Admin1

I'm having you search for them to see if they're actually missing. We don't know a problem exists unless you're totally unable to locate these folders are emails. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "totally unable to locate these folders are emails". I've already right clicked on trash and found all of the trash email that I haven't yet deleted .  None of them actually applied to any of the folders that are missing.  If they did, they wouldn't have been trashed!!

So what do I do now?  Is there no way to recover the actual missing folders?  Why would this actually happen??  If the folders disapeard wouldn't the emails within each folder disapear as well never to be found again?

Admin1

Did you try the search bar option yet? Do you see the search bar above your inbox? You can try searching for these emails to see if they locate the folders you're looking for. If the search option doesn't work, then I can open a support ticket for you and we'll try to locate these emails and folders. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation