Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL SPAM

Visitor

EMAIL SPAM

I'm trying to set up a list of acceptable email senders to  eliminate the excessive amount of spam I'm receiving.  Is there a way I can review and make additions to the list of approved email senders I have already created?

Email Expert

Re: EMAIL SPAM

Do you mean your "Safe List"?  If so, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Safe List.  That is where you can manage it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have been getting constant spam for the last few weeks despite the fact that I have every spam filter in place that I can. I never got ANY spam before this because I only give out this address to friends and family. I finally called Comcast yesterday, they got me to technical support who barely listened to what I said, said to run an antivirus (which I have done and I told him so) and to change my password!  Useless advice so I asked him if he had any other complants about this and he said there had been many, many complaints over the last few weeks.Why he didn't tell me this in the first place is beyond me but there appears to be something Comcast has done in my area that has caused this but the guy couldn't tell me anything else and when I asked to speak to someone who could he said there wasn't anyone. Sick and tired of these emails and of the lousy customer service from Comcast. Recently they had to come and install a new cable in our neighborhood because of pixelation and it took them a month of calls (I had them out 5 times, couldn't even watch the tv) for them to concede there was an issue. I want these emails to stop but can't reach the right person to help me. Any ideas out there who to get to? Thanks.

Email Expert

There are a number of ways spammers can get your email address, including just brute guessing it.  Once you are on one list the result is almost inevitable.  The only thing you can do is keep marking it as spam to help train the filters.  Or you can also change your email address.  It's not hard to do.  Post back if you want instructions on that.  You should find these short articles  of interest----------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Latoque wrote:

There are a number of ways spammers can get your email address, including just brute guessing it.  Once you are on one list the result is almost inevitable.  The only thing you can do is keep marking it as spam to help train the filters.  Or you can also change your email address.  It's not hard to do.  Post back if you want instructions on that.  You should find these short articles  of interest----------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

I'm not about to change an email address I've had for over 30 years (through previous ISPs that Comcast acquired) because Comcast doesn't know how to filter obvious spam.  I don't need printer ink, a Harp loan, photos of seniors in my area, or any of the other offers that are clearly spam to everyone but Comcast.

A few months ago a Comcast employee posted that they were tweaking the filters and we may experience some spam getting by until the filters were finalized.  Well, the filters haven't been fixed and I'm getting more everyday.

For convenience, I forward all my Comcast accounts to one Yahoo account so I can access all the emails in one app on my phone (the Comcast app only allows you to be signed in to one account).  Every email that Comcast fails to mark as spam, Yahoo catches and puts it in the spam folder.

If a free service like Yahoo can block spam, why can't a company that I pay hundreds of $ monthly do it?

It's time for Comcast to stop blaming the users and take responsibility.

Frequent Visitor

I agree, this is a Comcast issue that needs to be resolved. I am not about to change my email address (no faith that Comcast could keep the spam from that one either) and there is no way someone just randomly guessed it, that would be near impossible. I am very computer literate and have tried everyting to stop this to no avail. This is not anything I have done, it is something Comcast isn't doing. It is really annoying because it also goes to my mobile phone even though I have checked "do not leave a copy of spam messages on the server." How is that happening? Have contacted my cell provider and it is not their issue. Comcast is still putting this junk on my server even though I have instructed it not to via their controls....that makes it their issue and I wish they would acknowledge it and fix it soon. These emails are CLEARLY spam and should be easily stopped. I have a GMail account also and have not once ever gotten any junk mail there. I agree, sad that the free service works so much better than what we pay a fortune for.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation