Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL PANES

Frequent Visitor

EMAIL PANES

I am an OLDIE  who resists changes but I have no choice (I GUESS)  to the NEW email. My question is "HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIZES OF THE PANES IN THE EMAIL"? This will help.

Contributor

Re: EMAIL PANES

jimbofre wrote:

I am an OLDIE  who resists changes but I have no choice (I GUESS)  to the NEW email. My question is "HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIZES OF THE PANES IN THE EMAIL"? This will help.

I posted a similar question today so you are not alone Frustrated by instant changes by Comcast with no advance warning. I was actually typing an email when this and changes to the "options" in the email happened. We have several email accounts but this seems to be the only one affected.

Frequent Visitor

This is the OLDIE BUT GOODIE again and I still have the same problem. IF you sent a fix I didn't get it or cann't find what I need. I need to change the panes in me email, PLEASE HELP!!

Contributor

I have not seen any reply or attempt at a solution from anyone on the forum yet. Only one of our accounts has changed which makes no sense either.

Will post if I hear anything.

Email Expert

jimbofre wrote:

Are you using only the Comcast webmail UI, or an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Are you referring to the width of the folder pane, and the reading pane?  Or are you talking about something else?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm using standard COMCAST EMAIL. The panes are the ones that go vertically so the size of the received emails and the size of the replys can be made bigger or smaller as needed. I don't want to have 25 emails takng up the whole page, ( AS AN OLDIE BE CAREFULL WITH THE COMPUTER TERMS I WON'T UNDERSTAND. KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE) THANKS, JIM

Email Expert

The vertical separators between the columns can be moved back and forth to get them the way you want them when you have to view set with the reading pane to the right.  Just put your mouse pointer on the line and then click and hold.  You can then drag them back and forth.  It looks like this--------------------

\Grey Vertical Separator Inbox.jpg

It will "hesitate" on you a bit, but they will move.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Interesting that this works now. I had tried this for days with no success. Thank you for your help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation