Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARING

New Poster

EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARING

I was trying to move some emails into designated folders and some of my folders with important info are missing; my husband says this happened to him as well. What can we do about this!?? They are not hidden under any little black arrows, they are completely missing!

Problem Solver

Re: EMAIL FOLDERS DISAPPEARING

I have had the same problem. Once Comcast emails are deleted they are gone FOREVER.  This made me so mad I got an Outlook.com email account, it is free and not tied to any ISP. I now use it exclusively for important or business emails.

Click on this link to see my thread and post on it if you wish.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Has-your-Email-Deletion-Schedule-change...

Here is a link to Outlook email sign up. When email is deleted in outlook you can retrieve it from the deleted folder. Comcast does not have this feature.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/

New Poster

I have found out the hard way that it is better to use YAHOO. There are fewer issues and it is free. Also, if you decide to go with AT&T later your e-mail accounts will ALWAYS be there.

Gold Problem Solver

You have to be careful WHERE you place the folder you create. It must be below all thevComvast folders. If you place a folder elsewhere...for example under the Inbox folder it is subject to the Email Deletion Schedule.
Click on a preferences, then click on the email icon.
Scroll down to the EMSIL DELETION SCHEDULE. Look at the number of days you have set for when all email is deleted from each folder. Make any changes you wish to mak

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation