Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL BLOCK

New Poster

EMAIL BLOCK

A FRIEND IS BLOCKED FROM MY EMAIL. I SENT HIM COMCAST'S INSTRUCTIONS TO UNBLOCK. HERE IS HIS REPLY

You know, I’ve done this at least twice in the past to get email through Comcast to your account. It really goes against my “freedom of speech” grain to pander to their dictatorial censorship. Who appointed Comcast as mail monitor of the internet? Not only is my email not SPAM, but the intrusive process to clear my name is only temporary at best. Everyone in the FREE WORLD has a spam filter on their inbox with a preference setting tool. Who do they think they are to block anything? It’s not their job and in many cases it is blatant tampering with real, bonafide mail. I think that if enough of their customers complained about this process or changed their carrier that this antiquated method would disappear. To my knowledge, no other carrier does this. It’s not rational.

Until my temper cools, I’m not going to do this again. I’m boycotting. BITE ME COMCAST! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH COMCAST.

Feel free to forward this email to them.

The problem with having them clear my IP is that (as most personal accounts in the world are) my IP is dynamically generated. If the host reboots the system, which is occasionally done during systems maintenance, my address and all others on the server will change.

Email Expert

Re: EMAIL BLOCK

If there is a blocking issue with the sender's domain or address, you need to call Comcast security and ask them what the problem is--------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: EMAIL BLOCK

maraspa wrote:
A FRIEND IS BLOCKED FROM MY EMAIL. I SENT HIM COMCAST'S INSTRUCTIONS TO UNBLOCK. HERE IS HIS REPLY

You know, I’ve done this at least twice in the past to get email through Comcast to your account. It really goes against my “freedom of speech” grain to pander to their dictatorial censorship. Who appointed Comcast as mail monitor of the internet? Not only is my email not SPAM, but the intrusive process to clear my name is only temporary at best. Everyone in the FREE WORLD has a spam filter on their inbox with a preference setting tool. Who do they think they are to block anything? It’s not their job and in many cases it is blatant tampering with real, bonafide mail. I think that if enough of their customers complained about this process or changed their carrier that this antiquated method would disappear. To my knowledge, no other carrier does this. It’s not rational.

Until my temper cools, I’m not going to do this again. I’m boycotting. BITE ME COMCAST! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH COMCAST.

Feel free to forward this email to them.

The problem with having them clear my IP is that (as most personal accounts in the world are) my IP is dynamically generated. If the host reboots the system, which is occasionally done during systems maintenance, my address and all others on the server will change.

If your friend is sending from a dynamic IP, he or she should (per best practice on the internet for about the past 15 years) be relaying via their provider's email server, which will have a static IP.

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation