Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EMAIL ACCOUNTS FAILING

Highlighted
Contributor

EMAIL ACCOUNTS FAILING

Hey, Comcast, when are you going to fix email?  I have 3 accounts under my main account that have been "failing" since yesterday.  The same thing happened with my Gmail account, then that disappeared & I haven't been able to add it back.  I do need to get at my email.

Email Expert

Re: EMAIL ACCOUNTS FAILING

You need to clarify--------exactly what happens when you try to sign into those accounts?  Are you getting any error messages?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

It's not when logging in - it's when I try to add the Gmail account as a subaccount to my main Comcast account.  It says that my information can't be verified even though I entered it correctly.  The alleged upgrade to webmail that just went in took care of that issue, but now I can't delete a Gmail email. The error message is:  "This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.  In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."  I am only using 2GB of the 10 alloted each user.  How can my mailbox be full?  And why can I only forward only 8 emails at a time?  Before you folks "upgraded" email, I could forward my entire Inbox if I chose to.  Why restrict that feature?  And why do I have to empty multiple Trash folders now where before everything went into on Trash folder.  You didn't improve anything.  It's all slower than molasses in January now.  I guess you consider that progress.

Email Expert

Others have gotten that "Mailbox is full" message when it actually wasn't.  I don't know what causes it.  I've not had it happen myself.

And just so you're clear----------the primary account gets the 10 Gb of storage;  that includes anything that's in any secondary accounts you have set up.  They don't all get 10 Gb each.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Am having the same problem but with only 2 accounts.  It was letting me send on main account but now it is telling me I have the wrong credentials and I can't do anything on email.  This has been since they changed the format on Nov 7/8.  They don't bother to test anything before they put it through to everyone.  I get messages from my doctor due to my healthy problems and this is really affecting me.  I am mad as heck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation