Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

E-mails

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

E-mails

I have a large number of e-mails, is there a way I can delete all of these at one time?

Accepted Solution

Re: E-mails

I also use "OutLook'

As you show on the top of your e-mail page "Sorted by" My e-mail page from Comcast does not

show this on mine Why?

View answer in context
Email Expert

In the Inbox page, at the top of the message list, and to the left of "Sorted by", there is a small checkbox.  Check it, and it will select all the emails on the page.  Then hit the Delete button in the toolbar.  You may have to do this several times, depending on how many you are trying to get rid of.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry but, I've looked and I can't find "Sorted By" any where.

Am I missing something some where or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your help

Frequent Visitor

Just to let you know I'm on the comcast site looking at my mail.

Email Expert

I'm assuming that you are using the default Full version of Xfininity Connect when you say you are at the Comcast website.  The "Sorted by" and the little box to the left of it are here------------------

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 6.11.06 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I also use "OutLook'

As you show on the top of your e-mail page "Sorted by" My e-mail page from Comcast does not

show this on mine Why?

Email Expert

What I posted is the default Full version of Xfinity Connect.  If you are looking at Outlook, then it's going to look a lot different.  In addition, it will look different if you have the reading pane in XC set to the bottom, or turned off.  To see which view you have, click on "View" on the toolbar.  The example I posted shows the reading pane to the right.  "Sorted by" doesn't appear in the other two views.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi, my default mail is outlook, I look at it more than camcast mail that is why I have so many

in there. Tell me can I stop the mail from going to comcast? I ask this only because I have a

P.C. ,Ipad,Iphone, two laptops which I get all the same mail on and just not enough time to

go into every day to delete them. I tried the view on the bar nothing changed. Can I stop comcast mail ?

Email Expert

If you are using the email client Outlook on the computer, you have the Comcast account enabled in it.  No you can't stop Comcast email from going to your Comcast account.  Comcast is the email account provider, Outlook just gives you another way to manage the account.  Whether you use a client or not, the email will go to the Comcast account.

When using the same account on multiple devices, you need to have the account enabled on each one using the IMAP protocol instead of POP3.  That way everything is synced, and whatever you do to an email on one is reflected on all the others.  So if you delete an email on the pc, then it will also be deleted when you look at the account on the phone or the laptops.  Most smartphones and tablets now will detect Comcast accounts as IMAP compliant by default, and auto-configure them for you after you input your user ID and password.  The iPhone and iPad will both do that.  I'm not sure about Outlook on the pc or the laptops;  you may have to configure those manually.  If you need the settings they are here--------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

With all of this info you have sent I'm sure I'll find something in here that will work.

Thank you so much for your help I will get a chance to try this when I'm off for Thankgiving Hope you and yours have a happy.

patche39

Latoque wrote:

If you are using the email client Outlook on the computer, you have the Comcast account enabled in it.  No you can't stop Comcast email from going to your Comcast account.  Comcast is the email account provider, Outlook just gives you another way to manage the account.  Whether you use a client or not, the email will go to the Comcast account.

When using the same account on multiple devices, you need to have the account enabled on each one using the IMAP protocol instead of POP3.  That way everything is synced, and whatever you do to an email on one is reflected on all the others.  So if you delete an email on the pc, then it will also be deleted when you look at the account on the phone or the laptops.  Most smartphones and tablets now will detect Comcast accounts as IMAP compliant by default, and auto-configure them for you after you input your user ID and password.  The iPhone and iPad will both do that.  I'm not sure about Outlook on the pc or the laptops;  you may have to configure those manually.  If you need the settings they are here--------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

New Poster

I am trying to get into my Xfinity email. I dont have a clue how to access it. Please, I need your help. 

Email Expert

PaulineJ wrote:

I am trying to get into my Xfinity email. I dont have a clue how to access it. Please, I need your help. 

First, navigate to the Xfinity/Comcast homepage by doing a search with your search engine for Comcast.net or Xfinity.  Look for the sign-in link in the upper right corner of the screen, and fill in your user ID and password for your account.  Once you are signed in click on the little envelope icon, also  in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.  That should take you to your Inbox page.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Depending on the type of computer, along the top of the screen is the tool bar. While on your e-mail screen go to your deleted emails

Find EDIT on the toolbar and click on it

Select ALL

Hit DELETE on your keypad.

all of your old e-mails will vanish.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation