Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ANSWERED
New Poster

Recently, I have been having trouble with my emails timing out when I attempt to open them.  I click on the email and I just wait and wait and finally I get a message that opening has failed.  I worked with Geek Squad and they refraged my computer plus some other things, but I still see the problem.  They concluded that the problem is with Comcast.  Here is a copy of the communication I had just a few minutes ago with one of their agents.

Welcome to Geek Squad Remote Support, we will be with you shortly. Note that this session may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes only.
Agent Greg T. [03:22 PM] :

Hi, I'm Agent Greg T. Thank you for using Geek Squad Online Support. My responses may be slightly delayed as I access account information, so please bear with me if my responses seem a touch slow. I'll be helping you get your computer connected to our remote software, diagnosing your issue and making sure you get to the Agent who can best help you. Current wait times are about 60-90 minutes for a Repair Agent to begin work. How may I assist you today?

I had a session today to fix a problem with my email. When I attempt to open an email, it often hangs up and timesout. The agent worked on it for quite a while and felt that the problem was corrected. However, it still is occurring. I notice that to the right of my email screen there is space for ads and the emails don't want to open until these adds appear. Could this be the cause of the long wait time for an email to open?

Agent Greg T. [03:27 PM] :
It is possible. If it is, those ads are nothing Geek Squad can take care of as they are embedded in the website and paid for by advertisers to your provider. I can take another look, but if that's the case, then there's nothing we can really do. What is your home or cell phone number your Tech Support is under so I can look up the account?

[03:29 PM]:
Everything is working as it should. There is some lag in your connection, but there's nothing more we can do as the email site is having issues. That could be a number of things on Comcast's end, but most likely, they might be having issues with their servers. The ads could be causing a small issue, but those are there per the advertisers and is up to Comcast to include them. I would suggest calling Comcast to have them check their servers or try later to see if anything improves.

OK, I will see if things get better. If not I will call Comcast. Could you send me an email that summarizes what has been done to correct my problem so that I could send it to Comcast so they know that the problem is not with my computer. Thanks

Agent Greg T. [03:38 PM] :

We are unable to send emails like that. You can just copy and paste what I said above into a document. The possible issues are just a guess as there's no way to get access to Comcast's servers. They will just have to check mutliple possibilities.

Accepted Solution

Re: E-mail

Download and install AdBlock Plus and see if you don't have a better response time.  Post back with your results.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Download and install AdBlock Plus and see if you don't have a better response time.  Post back with your results.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

To "Again".

I did as you suggested and it appears to have made a difference.  Thank you very much.

Gold Problem Solver

wotipka wrote: ... to the right of my email screen there is space for ads ...

You can turn off the ads along the right-hand side of the Xfinity Connect webmail Inbox here: http://my.xfinity.com/adinformation/. You may have to sign out and back in again for the change to take effect.

New Poster

I found this to be an acceptable solution.

New Poster

Thanks for the solution option.  However I had already tried another which worked fine.  I will keep

this in mind for future reference.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation