Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

E-mail forwarding stopped working

Regular Visitor

E-mail forwarding stopped working

I set my e-mail preferences to forward to another address. It was working until about a month ago. When I checked the preferences, the forwarding address had disappeared.  When I re-enter it, a message displays at thet top of the preference list that says "Problem Saving" and the forwarding address disappears.

I tried a differnet browser with the same results. Is this a known system-wide problem? If it affects only my account, what is the best method for obtaining support?  Clicking around on the website I keep ending up back here.

Thanks for your input.

Email Expert

Re: E-mail forwarding stopped working

I don't know why you are experiencing this problem.  No, I don't think it's a system-wide problem.  But if it persists, I would suggest that you enable the account in a desktop client like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail.  Then you can use the forwarding capabilities of that client to get the job done.  There are a lot of other advantages to using a client too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I do understand the option to use a desktop client to pick up my Comcast mail, but I have multiple workstations and webmail is more appropriate in my situation. And as I have two webmail accounts, I want to forward them to a single address so I don't have to check them individually.

I did check the other email preferences to see if forwarding was the only one not working and found that the autoresponder also does not work--it gives the same message, i.e., "Problem in Saving" and does not retain the settings, regardless of the browser used. 

I called for tech support one week ago and was told the problem was identified and I could expect it to be working within 30 minutes.  I was told that I should not call back (which seemed an unusual instruction) and that instead I should await confirmation via email. No email confirmation arrived, and these features are still not working.  

I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of support for a basic email feature. 

Email Expert

Quite frankly, what you were told on the phone is just silly.  I'm escalating this to the forum administrator to see if you can get some better traction on this.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Hi georgia1282, it seems that your email might still be forwarding from the information I was able to see here. Can you send me a private message with the email that we need to be forwarding to? -FC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks, Latoque!  I have PM'd ComcastFrancisc. 

Regular Visitor

E-mail forwarding is now working again.  Thank you to whomever fixed it!

g

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation