New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Does anyone have Xfinity Webmail access via Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Does anyone have Xfinity Webmail access via Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

Folks,

I can access the Xfinity site and sign in. I can also read the subject lines of new email from the pop-up in the left sidebar. However, clicking am email in the pop-yp, or ckicking "EMAIL" on the Xfinity homepage taskbar, takes me new a new blanf Xfinity window with the counterclockwise circling beads of boredom ever rotating.  Wnen will this be fixed?

Accepted Solution

Re: Does anyone have Xfinity Webmail access via Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

Thanks Latoque, 

The comcast email works with EDGE on my Samsung laptop. I ugraded it from 8 to 8.1 to windows 10 with no Comcast issuers. My problem is witha Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I upgraded it from 8.1 to 10 and have allowed all updates, but still cannot reach Comcast email via EDGE, Perhaps I should check on Dell - Window 10 - Comcast compatibility. I don't know if it has to do with the 64 bit i7 processor in my XPS.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Select the Lite version.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

That didn't work Latoque. I can get to my email by switching to IE, any version, or Chrome, or Firefox. it's just that this supposedly great new EDGE doesn't pick it up. I have applied all Windows 10, and I presume EDGE updates, clered cache and cookies, then restarted. Edhe takes me to:

https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail -- and thern the round circle begins!!

Email Expert

I updated my laptop to Windows 10.  Using Edge I am able to get right into my Comcast email with no issues.  I'm using it right now in fact.  The only thing I can think that would explain why some people are having a problem is the updates.  I upgraded from 8.1.  I don't know if that makes any difference.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks Latoque, 

The comcast email works with EDGE on my Samsung laptop. I ugraded it from 8 to 8.1 to windows 10 with no Comcast issuers. My problem is witha Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I upgraded it from 8.1 to 10 and have allowed all updates, but still cannot reach Comcast email via EDGE, Perhaps I should check on Dell - Window 10 - Comcast compatibility. I don't know if it has to do with the 64 bit i7 processor in my XPS.

Email Expert

OK just for your use-----my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15.  I don't know if that makes a difference.   I can't think why it would but I could be wrong.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation