Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Does Widows 10 People import my existing Comcast contacts?

New Poster

Does Widows 10 People import my existing Comcast contacts?

I am trying to set up my Comcast Email through the Windows 10 & People App.  I can access the mail server to send & receive emails ok however I can not import my Comcast Contacts into Windows or People App.  Am I missing something?

Email Expert

Re: Does Widows 10 People import my existing Comcast contacts?

Windows 10 Mail and People apps do not have an import feature in the conventional sense.  I have a Windows 10 Dell laptop.  I also have an @MSN.com email account.  I use that account as the sign-in account for the computer and in Windows.  When you set up any Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com or MSN account in Windows 10 Mail, it will use the address book in the actual email account.  All my contacts in the @MSN account show in the contacts list in People.  This happens because everything is optimized for all things Microsoft and Windows.  So they are synced.  You can add individual contacts directly in People of course, but if you add one to the underlying account address book, it will show up in People the next time they are synced.  I just tried it and added a phony contact to the MSN address book.  After closing out of Mail and People and then back in again, it showed up in People.  If I start a new email and begin typing the contact in the To: field it shows in the drop-down just like it should.

To do an actual import then, you would have to Export your Comcast address book to your computer the usual way, then import it into whatever Microsoft email account you have.

They didn't make it easy, did they?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation