Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Disappearing emails

Contributor

Disappearing emails

Hello all,

I have been experiencing disappearing emails for a year or more now. I know about, and have had the correct settings on 2 pc's, 2 phones, and a tablet, and the web site preferences as well. All are set to delete on server-never, and my Thunderbird client also adds "until I delete them". I have chatted with a tech support person, and spoken with at least two reps over the past year. All they do, generally, is send me articles to read on how to set up clients. I have been using email since the late '80's, and am no novice. What I try to do, and had been doing successfully until about a year ago, is to use the web site as sort of a backup, just in case I ever have a pc issue, I can still get my old emails from there. The last time I spoke with someone was a  couple of weeks ago, and I noticed on one of my pc's the "until I delete them" had somehow become unchecked, so I checked it again, then went and looked at all my devices and the web site, and all was set properly, yet my emails are STILL not always downloaded to every device, and the web site only has a few from like today, except ONE email from June of last year that somehow stays there! This definitely seems to be a Comcast issue, and after reading several messages on these fora, also seems not to be an isolated issue. The emails that disappear are from anywhere, not a specific sender, and are NOT in any SPAM folder; I have NO filters active anywhere.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have no idea where my handle came from, and can't seem to find a Preference to change it. So, don't ask what "khbvhjg" means, I don't know! 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation