Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Delay receiving comcast email

New Poster

Delay receiving comcast email

I have a comcast.net email address and am experiencing delays from one particular sender that I know of. The delay is as much as 48 hours. The sender of this email says, "Comcast

implemented a new queueing system for bulk emails, which they hope will cut back on spam and malicious emails." Is this correct? There were never issues from this sender prior to 4/11/2016. The issue started happening after this date. I've called Comcast a couple of times, but have not heard anything back yet. How can this get resolved?

Official Employee

Re: Delay receiving comcast email

Could you provide the domain of the sender?  We don't need the whole address. We're constantly working to make things better, but 48hrs isn't a delay we're trying to enforce.  I'll look to see if what might be impacting your acquaintance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The email address with the delay is @readington.k12.nj.us

New Poster

Still no resolution on this:

•  5/4/16 my first call to report issue. #CR586211521 and received comcast direct number to call 
  • 5/5/16 2nd call: received #NA0000207853564 and that it was escalated to higher customer service team. Rep working on this is Alina Andrews?
  • 5/9/16 3rd call: kept on hold while trying to connect with Alina (?) but they could not reach her.

Issue:

• Emails from genesis@readington.k12.nj.us delayed 2 days 
  • Last time I received email timely from this address was 4/11/2016. After that all emails have been arriving 1-2 days late.
  • Issue is not unique to my email address. Other people with comcast.net email also are experiencing delay. 
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation