Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Date and Times shown on my emails are incorrect - I just sent an email at 5:15 PM and the time shown on my email says 11:20 PM

New Poster

Date and Times shown on my emails are incorrect - I just sent an email at 5:15 PM and the time shown on my email says 11:20 PM

When I create an email, the date and time shown on the email is incorrect.  

For example, I just sent an email at 5:15 PM and the time shown on my email says 11:20PM.

Can you please tell me how to correct this?  

PS - The date and time shown on my computer is correct, but the date and time shown on my emails are different......

Email Expert

Re: Date and Times shown on my emails are incorrect - I just sent an email at 5:15 PM and the time shown on my email says 11:20 PM

Change over to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect from the default Full version. To do so, from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>>>>>Version. Make the change. Hit the Back button, and then click on Email. Then click on "Timezones" and put in whatever is correct for you. Then you can go back to the Full version if you want to.

But understand that supposedly, doing this only corrects the time in the Lite version.  The time in the Full version is controlled by your computer's time settings.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Date and Times shown on my emails are incorrect - I just sent an email at 5:15 PM and the time shown on my email says 11:20 PM

Latoque,

Thanks so much for the suggestion, but the date and time shown on my computer is correct...but the date and time shown on my emails are not correct and do not match the dates and times that are on my computer........that is what is so frustrating....

Gold Problem Solver

clna wrote: ... the date and time shown on my emails are not correct ...

What time zone is your computer set for? Are you seeing this in Xfinity Connect webmail, an email program or a mobile device?

New Poster

Bruce,

My computer is set for Central Time, I am looking at my email through Xfinity Connect on my computer....https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra...

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

clna wrote: ... Central Time, I am looking at my email through Xfinity Connect ...

Is this happening on all your emails, some of them, or just the one? Are the dates and times on incoming emails correct?

There are 2 versions of Xfinity Connect webmail, Full and Lite. You can check which one you are using under Preferences / General / Version.

The Full version gets its time zone information from your operating system. If the OS time zone setting is correct then times in the Full version should be correct.

In the Lite version you have to set the time zone manually. To check it, switch to the Lite version (Preferences / General / Version / Lite). Once in the Lite version check under Preferences / Email / Timezone.

If all those items are set correctly and the time is still wrong, I'd try a different web browser. If times are still wrong, call Comcast and have them open a trouble ticket for you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation