Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Creating Personal Email Filters & Column Margin Format/Defaults

Frequent Visitor

Creating Personal Email Filters & Column Margin Format/Defaults

I have not been able to create my own "personal" filters, specifically with regard to new incoming emails.  I want to change the font, size, and color of all new messages, then subdivide them into my own color categories.  I can't seem to do this when I'm only given a "box" to check and none of the choices pertain to my situation making it impossible to change/create.

Secondly, every time I move the column margins to suit my reading needs, I would assume they would remain permanent.  Instead, they revert back to whatever format they were created in and I have to move them once again with every viewed new email.  How can I make these column margins/parameters permanent?  Am I just not able to find/create a personal permanent format I can keep as a default format. Thank you!

Email Expert

Re: Creating Personal Email Filters & Column Margin Format/Defaults

There is no way to auto-change colors, fonts etc using the filters.  In fact I can't think of any webmail programs that have that ability.  As far as moving the columns, I just reduced the message list in the new format to as small as it will go, then signed out of the account.  When I signed back in it held the column where I had put it.  In the old format you can adjust the width of columns, as well as hide or display them if you set the reading pane to the bottom or turn it off.  But keep in mind that at some point you will be migrated over to the new format if you haven't already been.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Creating Personal Email Filters & Column Margin Format/Defaults

Thanks so much for replying! Outlook and my old RoadRunner email account through TWC could both set filters for all incoming mail, and for all other emails whether they be in the "saved or deleted" folders. I had formatted my incoming unread email to appear red in color, using a different font size than my regular email, italic, etc. I also formatted my family in another color, font, etc., and did the same with my close friends. It was so very easy to sort just by using the color system for "new" incoming emails. Also, I don't know if I still understand formatting the columns so they will remain permanent. The biggest flaw in the Comcast email system is the fact that if you open an email, say in the middle of your list in the incoming box, and need to click to get to a website, when you exit that website, it brings you back to the very START of your email list instead of taking you directly back to the email you had been viewing prior. Why it is set up this way, I have no idea. As I stated, my other two accounts, listed above, were automatically set to return to the most recently viewed email. Of all the email systems I have used, Comcast is, by far, the most "user UN-friendly" program. Someone with high tech skills definitely needs to revamp the email system.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation