Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Copy and paste multiple email addresses from Excel into address fields (To: CC: and BC:)

New Poster

Copy and paste multiple email addresses from Excel into address fields (To: CC: and BC:)

Adding:  There are at least 5 posts with this exact same query on this forum over the past several months.  None of them has a single reply so I am guessing that Comcast simply dropped this important functionality in their new and "improved" email editor.  I am going to have to switch to another email editor since I am so dependent on this.  I can't believe Comcast hasn't at least replied that this function no longer exists, and whether or not it is on their development schedule to add it back in, and if so, when.  Poor customer relations.

The old Xfinity email editor allowed you to copy and paste a whole column of email addresses from an Excel or Word file directly into the To:, CC: or BC: field of a new email.  The new editor appears to only copy the first address.  I have tried formatting the group of addresses in Word with different email list formats (for example, addresses separated by hard returns, or semi-colons) but that doesn't work either - the list of addresses comes in as one long, invalid address.

Is there a new way to do this?

Entering all the addresses into my Contacts (Address Book) and making a group is not a viable option.  These are lists from volunteer work of people that I have no personal relationship with.  Plus the grouping of the names changes frequently.

Help!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation