Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Confused about Mail account message

Visitor

Confused about Mail account message

Had no problem for years accessing incoming emails and sending emails from my imac. Now I have to log in on the website to do it all of a sudden. Checked forum regarding account info and ports, etc. and updated it. BUT, I keep getting a message "Only one Mail account can be enabled at a time. Enabling the Mail account "xxxxxxx@comcast.net" will disable "xxxxxxx@comcast.net" on this Mac. And the SMTP login keeps failing thru mail connection doctor. Help!

Visitor

Re: Confused about Mail account message

I'm having the same problem. I have a few Mac's and *only* this one causes issues. Maybe an El Capitan problem 10.11.5 Mac Mail problem? If you find the answer please post. There is no system updates so not sure what's up.

Visitor

Re: Confused about Mail account message

Seems there was curroption in my Mac Mail because when I deleted the account and re-created it, Mac Mail kept saying the acount existed. I then deleted all my accounts from "Internet accounts", shut down Macmail. And did what this guy said in the post to flush email: http://superuser.com/questions/500024/apple-mail-app-delete-all-mails-and-account-settings

Working now!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation