Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast web based email not working

Regular Contributor

Comcast web based email not working

Comcast web based not working 10-09-16.  It redirects back to the Xfinity home page.    Mobile email link does the same thing.  It does not matter which browser I am using firefox, google chrome or I.E.  in windows 7 sp1. 

New Poster

Re: Comcast web based email not working

Ditto

New Poster

I've had the same problem for 11 days now.  It will not let me in my inbox - just spins and spins.  Although I can compose and send email, and open my spam, sent, and trash folders.  Thankfully can get my email on my iPhone, iPad and MacMail.  Spent over an hour on chat a week ago Saturday with no success despite clearing my cookies, history,  trying Firefox (I'm on Safari) etc. and they were escalating it but never called me back.  After waiting several days called and spent over an hour on the phone - escalated to level 3 - Advanced Repair Dept. Agent in Advanced Repair wanted me to also try Chrome which I absolutely do not want and if it is happening Safari and Firefox what is the point?  She insisted it had to be an Apple problem (I got a new MacBook around the same time this started - but I deleted Comcast mail from it and the problem still happened on my other, older MacBook - where there have been no changes.). Before calling Apple, tried signing in on a PC laptop using Explorer and still had same problem - so that tells me it isn't Apple.  In fact after she "reprovisioned my modem" I lost all my email on my Apple devices and had no way of seeing what I may have been sent - very scary.  Somehow it returned the next morning on my iPhone, iPad and MacMail. Nevertheless called Applecare - and agent was very nice.  We checked everything but since the problem is happening on Firefox and Explorer as well as Safari, it is definitely not an Apple issue. Comcast agents made it sound like I was the only person having this issue, but now going on the Forum it seems like there are many others.  Does Comcast monitor this?  When will there be a fix?  I prefer to manage my email on the Comcast web-based site.  Any advice? 

Gold Problem Solver

grday2 wrote: Comcast web based not working 10-09-16.  It redirects back to the Xfinity home page. ...

Does https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/ get you to the Lite version, or

https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/ to the Mobile version?

Regular Contributor

Brucew. I can't answer those questions now. It seems to be working now without doing that. Maybe a webtech that knows what to do read this. Hopefully, the other posters got their emails fixed  as well.    I tried the first link after doing the email,  it still redirected to the home page but this time when I click on the email box it opened up.   I was using I.E. 11 at that time.

Frequent Visitor

I have been having the same problems and lots of others.  It is so frustrating.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation