Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast's unacceptable new email system

New Poster

Comcast's unacceptable new email system

Comcast changed its email system about a month ago and did it in ways that harm many users who need to keep files of their exchanges with specific others.

As seen in the report below for case CR552926243, Comcast's email system treats an exchange (with different messages in the body of the email) as a repetition that will be deleted.  Doing so has resulted in my loss of exchanges I am having with a number of business and other colleagues on very important matters.

Last week Comcast told me the problem would be resolved in 32 hours. Now they just don't respond.

My chat-conversation with Comcast is copied below:

Live Chat

user ROBERT has entered room

analyst Karen has entered room

• Karen
  • 12:34PM

Hello ROBERT_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Karen. Please give me one moment to review your information.

• Karen

Hi! Welcome to Comcast High Speed Internet Technical Support (Residential Accounts). You can call me Karen, I'll be happy to get your concern addressed today.

• ROBERT

My Issue: My business connections involve exchanges with the same individuals over time, each identified by their name

• Karen

Hello Robert!

• Karen
  • 12:35PM

I just want to confirm, if the issue involves business account?

• ROBERT
  • 12:36PM

No, it's my personal account atromitch@comcast.net

• Karen
  • 12:36PM

Okay Robert. Thanks for the confirmation.

• ROBERT
  • 12:38PM

I put my exchanges into a file but because the same address and name appears on the exchanges. They are never saved.

• ROBERT
  • 12:39PM

And this has started only over the last week or so when Comcast changed its email system

• ROBERT
  • 12:40PM

Moreover, your new system completely wiped out my history of business exchanges. I need to recover them.

• Karen
  • 12:41PM

Okay. Another clarification again, may I know if you are referring to the conversation?

• ROBERT
  • 12:42PM

I am referring to the single issue of Comcast not allowing me to save email exchanges if they are with the same individuals (e.g., Sarah) with the same email address (she's an editor of publishing house working with my manuscript).

• ROBERT
  • 12:43PM

I need to recover all these exchanges.

• Karen
  • 12:45PM

Okay Robert. Thanks for clarifying it. Please give me a moment to check isolate this here on our system.

• Karen
  • 12:49PM

Still working on it, Robert.

• Karen
  • 12:54PM

I am sorry for the long wait, Robert.

• Karen
  • 12:55PM

I am having some issues here on my end. But no worries, this issue will be surely addressed before we end this chat.

• ROBERT
  • 12:58PM

Again, I (not Comcast) will make the decisions on what to save

• Karen
  • 1:00PM

Thanks for patiently waiting, Robert.I checked everything here on my end, Robert.

• Karen
  • 1:05PM

As much as I wanted to help you there is a designated department to resolve your issue. I need you to call our Higher fix department for they are expert in this kind of issue.

• Karen
  • 1:05PM

You can contact them here: 1-800-934-6489.

• Karen
  • 1:07PM

Are you still there, Robert?

• ROBERT
  • 1:07PM

yes

• Karen
  • 1:09PM

I need you to contact our Higher fix department to further isolate the issue.

• Karen
  • 1:09PM

Here is your reference number for this; CR552926243

• Karen
  • 1:12PM

Hello Robert!

• ROBERT
  • 1:14PM

hold on they may not be able to help. i am being transferred to another person

• Karen
  • 1:14PM

Okay Robert.

• Karen
  • 1:18PM

You have opened a window for Comcast Support and I don't want to miss an opportunity to support you. Are we still connected?

• Karen
  • 1:20PM

Please let me know that we are still connected. Thank you.

• ROBERT
  • 1:20PM

They can't solve the problem but will get back in touch with me within 32 hours

• Karen
  • 1:21PM

Alright. No worries, you will be receiving a call from our Higher fix department. Please use the reference number I provided you earlier. Okay?

That number, again, was CR552926243

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation