Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast, please give explanation for email issues

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast, please give explanation for email issues

I, and many customers here, would like an official explanation of what has been going on with the mail servers the past few weeks and what steps are being taken to restore the reliability of your email service.

Are you being dDOS'd? Spam attack? Infrastructure issues? Server failures? Maintenance issues?

New Poster

Re: Comcast, please give explanation for email issues

I think I almost made it 2 weeks error free with the mail server. Now I can't load mail at all.

Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

Contributor

I called them this morning. They do admit that there are problems with the email program and have techs working to fix it. I was also reminded that we get the email "for free", insinuating that, at least in my mind, we should be grateful to have it at all. Does Comcast know we do have choices when it comes to email? I would be content if they just rolled it back to the old style and just let it be. Or high more advanced techs.

Contributor

LostHearts wrote:

...They do admit that there are problems with the email program and have techs working to fix it. I was also reminded that we get the email "for free", insinuating that, at least in my mind, we should be grateful to have it at all. ...

Adding insult to injury.  I really wonder who thought up that outrageous line for the customer service reps to parrot?

Hearing them say that nonsense further enrages the customer who's paying Comcast for internet connection that is supposed to include email accessibility.

Contributor

A line on the script they were given. I talked to a tech yesterday and was told they got new servers and it all went wild. It's not the servers that went wild, but IMO a bunch of people who had little idea what to do with them. I also told them next time don't unleash their beta stuff onto customers without informing them this was a beta program (what else could it be, with all those bugs).

Although things seem to be working OK now (Monday morning), this is a fun time none of us want to be repeating anytime soon. There is a file transfer program that a friend of mine uses to send me music files. Thanks to Comcast he twice received a message that they were undeliverable due to the email being either incorrect or it no longer existed. I'll never know how many others received that message as well. 

Note to Comcast: Do not fix what is not broken. Do not make up bogus excuses when something goes really bad. I have more respect for people who admit they goofed up than to put the blame on some remote servers somewhere "out there". 

Silver Problem Solver

Still waiting for answers. Have seen posts on another forum that the webmail wasn't work. I tried, and it too seemed to hang up. Did seem to work checking about 10-15 minutes later.

Again, we relaly need an OFFICIAL answer as to why you are having so many issues. I've had Comcast Internet since 2003, and don't remember having any real issues with mail, EVER. It's only been the past month or so that it has gone so steeply downhill.

Silver Problem Solver

Again, bumping this thread to ask for some official explanation. Although the mail servers (POP and IMAP servers) seem OK, the webmail interface appears to be mostly broken, again.

Please, let us know what is going on!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation