Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast.net - terrible performance

New Poster

Comcast.net - terrible performance

The speed and response time for Comcast.net email is TERRIBLE.  Sometimes it takes minutes to for Comcast.net to respond after hitting the Enter key on sending, viewing, or any other action on a comcast.net email.  The problem is not my local internet carrier connection, because the problem occurs no matter what carrier I am using.  The problem appears to be very overloaded Comcast. net server(s). 

Other aspects of using the Comcast network (i.e. XFINITY) do not seem to have this problem.  I also use gmail, using the XFINITY internet, and do not experience the delays for that email service at the same time that the intolerable delays are occurring on comcast.net.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Comcast.net - terrible performance

Which browser/ version are you using?  Have you cleared your browser cache?  If not, clear it now.  Have you tried a different browser?

You can, if you wish to have all email forwarded directly to your to your again mail account.

to do:  Go to your Xfinity Inbox, click on Preferences, then click on Email.  Scroll down to Email Forwarding and click there.

You can also set Gmail to leave a copy if emails on the Comcast server ( Xfinity Inbox)

If using the FULL version of XC, you can switch to the LITE version.  Inbox>Preferences> General... Click in the window to change to Lite. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation