Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast needs to fix "Unresponsive script error" when using email

Frequent Visitor

Comcast needs to fix "Unresponsive script error" when using email

August 29, 2016.

The time has come for Comcast, Xfinity-Comcast, Verizon Wireless and any other entities associated with Comcast.net email to solve and remove the constant

“Warning: Unresponsive script” error that appear when I am using my Comcast.net email.

Comcast has been “working on a solution” for more than a year, with NO solution, NO expected finish date and NO replies with current status to posted requests by customers.  Here are post links (I am sure there are others):  http://oascentral.comcast.net firefox script error and   http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/http-oascentral-comcast-net-firefox-script-error/td-... .  My post is under my ID: karazykat1 on the forums.xfinity…. page.  For reference, I currently have Windows 10, Pro and use FireFox, Edge and Internet Explorer browsers, but when I had WIN 7 PRO I ( and many others) had the same problem.  If anything, the Unresponsive script errors have become more numerous in the last 6 weeks, some log on’s every 2-3 minutes.  THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I visit many, many web pages, using 3 different web browsers and the ONLY page locations that post the Unresponsive script error are XXX.xfinity.com and XXX.comcast.net, XXX being, for example, web.mail.  So the Unresponsive scrip error is definitely ONLY associated with Comcast’.  For reference I have Windows 10, Pro and use FireFox, Edge and Internet Explorer 11 browsers.  But when I had WIN 7 PRO, I (and many others) had the same problem.  So, again it is not an operating system problem it is a Comcast problem.

I pay a premium price for Comcast internet access and web mail and, generally, experience good service.  Comcast’ inability to fix the Unresponsive script problem is a very large black mark against your reputation. I definitely feel I am paying a premium price and now am receiving non premium service.

MY REQUEST TO COMCAST

Please, be responsible and take ownership of this problem.  I also challenge Comcast to demonstrate your level of commitment to solve and correct the Unresponsive script error by setting up a dedicated web page, publishing the page URL, and posting at least weekly your progress, results of your troubleshooting and a schedule when you will have the problem fixed.  You could also request customers to post the conditions that produce the error on their systems

I would think 3 to 5 weeks is ample time to solve and fix the problem.  If Comcast is unable to completely fix the problem in that time period,  I suggest Comcast coordinate with industry experts for help. 

Thank you for your attention to promptly and finally fix this problem.  Please keep me informed of your progress.

Just to make sure Comcast has a clear understanding of the Unresponsive script error, here is an example:

Screenshot of script error on August 27 2016 approx 4PM  (082716)  # 02.jpg

A screenshot of the pop up error:

The warning lists the Unresponsive script, in this case it is: 

Script: http://my.xfinity.com/adframe/home/x31:0.  Each time the warning pops up the Script name might be the same, but is usually different

Clicking on the “Continue” or “Stop Script” usually “locks up” my browser so that I have to stop the browser and restart, only to have the error pop up again. Occasionally the browser will not “lock up” , but the same error will reappear in less than a minute.  I have Windows 10, Pro and use FireFox (48.0.2, but is not version specific), Microsoft  Edge and Internet Explorer11 browsers.  All of these browsers have the same problem.  Clicking on  “Debug script” actually displays the code listing of , I assume, the script along with tools to “debug”.  Of course this is totally useless, since I have no idea how to “debug” a script.

Service Expert

Re: Comcast needs to fix "Unresponsive script error" when using email

If you're experiencing problems with advertising on pages you visit you might consider trying Adblock Plus. It is available for all major browsers, including Microsoft Edge and Android.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Again,

Thanks for the reply and tip.  The Unresponsive script is not associated with advertising,(as far as I can tell). No pop up ads are displayed. I will keep it in mind and in the toolbox if needed.

Service Expert

All I can tell you is that it has fixed the problem for others.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation