Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast email flagging my company as spam

New Poster

Comcast email flagging my company as spam

My company uses the Google Suite for our hosting and email. We have 22 employees and the majority of them cannot send an email to an @comcast.net address and have it appear in the recipient's inbox. We are being blocked by the spam filter. According to the Gmail admin logs they are all successfully delivered to the recipients. 

Since the default for Comcast is to block spam and not save a copy, these emails are never seen or recovered. 

Tech support's answer was to contact all of these recipients, tell them to either turn off their spam filter or turn on the "save spam" setting and then have recipients mark the message as "not spam."

Given that many times we do not have a secondary communication path to these clients, this will not work and is absolutely unacceptable. I have spoken with the Customer Security Assurance organization and was told the only option is to have recipients mark these emails as not spam and the change will organically propagate with time. We do not send any spam or bulk email from our organization and our email server is not on the postmaster blocked list. 

I need a solution to this problem. 

Official Employee

Re: Comcast email flagging my company as spam

Please try now. This is related to recipients marking your messages as spam.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation