Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast blocking my sales alerts from KOHLS

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Comcast blocking my sales alerts from KOHLS

I changed to a Comcast e-mail account as my primary a month or more ago. I have always received a daily sales alert from KOHLS.COM which offers promos etc.   Once I changed my e-mail address to the Comcast one, they stopped coming.  I have spoken for hours with KOHLS and their various departments to try to identify the issue.  I have (with a rep on the phone) submitted the sign-up over and over, added myself with a secondary Comcast e-mail to the same sign-up list, and nothing made any difference.  After many attempts to find an answer, KOHLS tells me there is a KNOWN issue with Comcast and their e-mail alerts, other customers having called with the same problem.

Suddenly I received these alerts for 2 days last week, even including my personal account information in the e-mail, which was great. Then they stopped as quickly as they had started.  I checked with someone else who gets them and they said theirs have arrived daily so it is not a matter of them not being sent by KOHLS.  Clearly whatever let those 2 through your filters has now stopped them again.

I find it frustrating to deal with the fact that Comcast is holding back e-mail which is legitimate and should be coming.  Someone here posted they had the same problem with Best Buy.  I have been getting Best Buy daily OK, but for me, KOHLS.COM alerts are the missing. I have to wonder what else might be lost in your filters. 

I also have sporadic COMCAST e-mails not arriving (even text alerts) and I have checked my preferences and all is as it should be. Comcast teams have e-mailed me to verify I get their mail (and I did) but now and then notices about bills available etc. do not come. I do everything on-line (no paper) so it is critical to have alerts timely. 

Please do not send me to some security team.  This is not going to help.  Someone here in the forums needs to pass this issue on to the proper people who can do whatever they need to to correct the issue with KOHLS e-mail alerts.  I have headers, but do not want my account # and such out there.  Anyway - this is annoying and as a Comcast customer, your guarantee is useless to me if e-mail is not coming through. I checked SPAM by the way and they are NOT there.  And it is TWO Comcast e-mail accounts, so not just something wrong in my primary.  The fact that 2 alerts came perfectly tells me I have set it up right.  The fact that they stopped again tells me Comcast is messing it up.  Thanks for any help.  This needs to be escalated. KOHLS tells me they have reached out to Comcast in vain.

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast blocking my sales alerts from KOHLS

Hollibird,

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your new email address.

Contacting Customer Security Assurance (information here)is very good at resolving these issues and should be a valuable resource you can use in the future.

That being said, I have passed this on to our Anti-spam team and they are looking into it for you. Thank you for posting the headers, that will be helpful.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

udating this with headers in case someone here has some way to investigate the IP and why Comcast is blocking it.

Kohl'sX-CAA-SPAM: S00000
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.2 cv=VsDMO6+n c=1 sm=1 tr=0 b=1
 a=v03njPdEd7Q13ez5dVxyNw==:117 a=v03njPdEd7Q13ez5dVxyNw==:17
 a=pD_ry4oyNxEA:10 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=DYCxyh8gAAAA:8
 a=6UGynsqLsyYNTek41y8A:9 a=Zhi_-Q8i9i7TkKy8:21 a=xcbTLDrMfGRcRa5u:21
 a=Cu7nheLg_IcA:10 a=3g80flMcAAAA:8 a=UqCG9HQmAAAA:8 a=ekcFqKBWAAAA:8
 a=0rCVaXwTAAAA:8 a=FJ_XfzKtAAAA:8 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8 a=E1L9jGidAAAA:8
 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=ZDQJ3rboDGwxmXyOUyoA:9 a=7Zwj6sZBwVKJAoWSPKxL6X1jA+E=:19
 a=fnPgh2VLujEoQ5Fk:21 a=h-6kXOdM4sVGe7Zl:21 a=RRlV5kYC-zbkv7ae:21
 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=jM2laWfrMNYA:10 a=XPQhDTvwuyoA:10
 a=d2XuZdxfIX0A:10 a=FxrzuNKPjRsA:10 a=uFkpT6vgbLcA:10 a=b4uB2WifmCEA:10
 a=nc_rLvUr1uoA:10 a=6DMq4cJMZjUA:10 a=NqPAgjnyfJMA:10 a=BKyp0iHZe9QA:10
 a=I3Ss2-dYvwQA:10 a=5kG5LtRPOfsA:10 a=_iVnQjeWtdkA:10 a=MZpOI37Du90A:10
 a=EWvIiMHR11JT8fEu5jfi:22 a=3urWGuTZa-U-TZ_dHwj2:22 a=XqhbnV00hwtEhPrFMTfD:22
 a=FY_dG6BXaBrPnJzyP0JG:22 a=SRD58Kjar-FrDRMrJIRk:22 a=UomSsAx430ZnTk1wvxTA:22
 a=VOW5rJRXBamZ5z19bD7L:22 a=zj_XsxPeL4dJTamw-mo3:22 a=zjWhRoSqWz9hl55Hdlzg:22
X-Xfinity-Message-Heuristics: IPv6:N
Authentication-Results: resimta-po-01v.sys.comcast.net;
        dkim=pass header.d=s.kohls.com header.i=Kohls@s.kohls.com header.b=mpMsQzcm
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; s=200608; d=s.kohls.com;
 h=From:To:Subjectate:List-Unsubscribe:MIME-Version:Reply-To:Message-ID:Content-Type; i=Kohls@s.kohls.com;
 bh=SUe2WpWZ7sZv6ws31Qbjw4p7XOU=;
 b=mpMsQzcmlpZ1gU8RMXBynRStghZs8CFoU9NsnhQ15QXvOodvbSvb7uEeUMGcwvP0VBIlqnNpuSvp
   gcLNGvAwzEiiwCphA90MIk4pL84es46RX4WtP4eaI70pw4e666ftNe/oLDvDV5KYAIU6rL7CXAAq
   07g+H+++Y8LBuUtR00k=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; s=200608; d=s.kohls.com;
 b=xkWw5PZDHiw1QC2iOoycQzxxehIkOw/dniv3ILTsOkMUpOVif1JKArlj8dPiLExEnEx6cqWyMU1H
   xmxcKI5UL7S3x96wWOy4YLlaaF7qGlE3n/MdpCj8Kg6plceNNsi+3mJmKXpnZv/KvDNZegPZPZfv
   torKAE2IM6OYh71tbhg=;
 <Kohls@s.kohls.com>
To: <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@comcast.net>
Subject: Save an extra 20% + take $10 off the perfect gift for Dad!
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 03:18:54 -0600
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:leave-fd8116781a3c402029-fe3515747466067d741279-fec11574726d067a-fe871272716d007473-fef311707...>
Reply-To: "Kohl's" <reply-fec11574726d067a-28_HTML-141220169-6249496-50977@s.kohls.com>
x-job: 6249496_147927

Clearly I received this one OK, but none since and KOHLS assures me that I am on their list (yes, I am based on this) and that the issue is COMCAST filters or something.  Please help.   I am moving and will be diconnected for the next few days, so if someone replies, I may not get to it right away, but I really appreciate anyone trying to get this fixed. Thanks.

Official Employee

Hollibird,

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your new email address.

Contacting Customer Security Assurance (information here)is very good at resolving these issues and should be a valuable resource you can use in the future.

That being said, I have passed this on to our Anti-spam team and they are looking into it for you. Thank you for posting the headers, that will be helpful.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

thanks. I cannot get involved with the contacts you gave me until next week as I am in the process of a long distance move and carrying all my Comcast suff with me. Once reconnected (landline, modem, etc.) if the issue is not resolved I will follow up. Hopefully by then it will be fixed.

btw - I have checked off to e-mail me when someone replies. Have received no notices of any replies (yours).Just wondering if that is not working right?

Thanks again. I dreaded making the change to a Comcast e-mail primary account for this very reason.  The old domain I had (Earthlink) was actually provided by Comcast to me but for 20 years I had the Earthlink e-mail address.  Because of the move it seemed I needed to simplify the account so I abandoned Earthlink e-mail for Comcast.  Webmail at Earthlink was more user friendly. But I use Eudora so I am downloading mail ok there.  Also checking XfinityConnect webmail often as things get caught in spam. Was unable to import the .csv file from Earthlink contacts so have had to build the address book from scratch. A lot of extra effort to get the Comcast e-mail working as I need it to, but still not as good as what I had.   I have the XfinityConnect app on my phone so hoping that gets me through the transition with access to Comcast online.  

Regular Visitor

Thank you ComcastBrett.  Whatever you did seems to have finally taken effect and I have had these e-mails delievered for a few days without interruption.  I dared not consider it fixed until I got them regularly!  But so far now, so good.  THANKS.

Official Employee

Glad to hear everything is working for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation