Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Signin

New Poster

Comcast Signin

Why do I keep getting these signin emails when my signin and password are correct and I haven't changed anything?

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: Comcast Signin

Been getting them non stop since 3/15, called security assurance, no help, we are working on it,,  Promised calls back, none, told to clear cache and cookies, always do, very very disappointed.  

Service Expert

Re: Comcast Signin

This is a(n) [annoying] security measure that has recently been put in place that is really unnecessary.  Haven't heard WHY it was put in place, though.

I know that if I log in here to the forums, and then use a bookmark to access my email, that security email isn't generated.

Edit:

I closed my browser, hence the forums and then re-started my browser and clicked on my bookmark for Email.  The bookmark took me to the Xfinity homepage where I was signed in; I then clicked on the envelope taking me to my Inbox and that security email was not generated.  So, I signed out of email and closed my browser again.  Went back to the homepage, signed in, and the security email was not generated.  This leads me to believe this deals with cookies because I have cookies set in my browser [Firefox] for Comcast/Xfinity.

Several days ago I set Firefox to Private browsing only, and every time I signed in [even though I still had the cookies set], whether signing in to the forums or to email, I got the security email.  I imagine that if I used a different browser that doesn't have the cookies set, I would again receive the security email.

Just passing along MY experience.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation