Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Click and Drag Feature with New Comcast Email

Contributor

Click and Drag Feature with New Comcast Email

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with a frustrating issue I've had with my desktop ever since the switch to the new Comcast email.

On my desktop, I'm not able to click and drag emails from one folder to another while using Google Chrome. (This feature does work while using Internet Explorer, which is not our preferred browser). As a matter of fact, the right button on the mouse doesn't give me any options when I'm in email. This feature use to work with Chrome and the old email system. The only way to move emails between folders is to use the Move icon. 

The strange thing is that this click and drag feature DOES work on my laptop while using Chrome!

-Both PCs are running Windows 7, and are up to date.

-Both PCs are running the Comcast supplied Norton Security suite, and are up to date.

-I have cleared browser history and cache.

-I have compared the settings in Norton Security to ensure they match (just in case this was causing the problems).

-I've compared the Chrome settings between the laptop and desktop to ensure they match.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Click and Drag Feature with New Comcast Email

Are you using the most recent version of Chrome?  I'm on v56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)  I can drag and drop with no issues, on my iMac.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Latoque.

The Chrome versions on both the desktop (click and drag not working) and laptop (click and drag works) are the same, and up to date (same version you quoted). I compared the Chrome settings on the desktop with the laptop, again, just to make sure I wasn't missing something. They are the same.

The mouse driver on the desktop is up to date.

The desktop also has a Touchscreen, which I never used. So I disabled it just to see if maybe there was a conflict between the touchscreen and mouse, but that didn't make any difference.

The laptop has a touchpad, but I almost always use the USB mouse I purchased a while ago. Just for the heck of it, I plugged the USB mouse into the desktop to see if it would work. (I also disabled the wireless desktop mouse to ensure no conflict). The USB mouse didn't work on the desktop either.

That's all I can come with to try. It's not a deal breaker, since I can use the Move icon. It's just the loss of a very convenient feature.

Email Expert

The only other trick I can think of is to uninstall Chrome from the desktop and then download and reinstall a fresh copy.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks, Latoque. We have A LOT of Bookmarks in Chrome, so I'd have to document and re-enter all of them if I wipe the slate clean with a fresh installation of Chrome. Guess I'll just have to live with it until I have the time to try it. Unless you know of a way that I can save the Bookmarks and import them?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation