Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Check which emails are set as spam

New Poster

Check which emails are set as spam

Emails  that I know are from trusted senders suddenly have been ending up in my spam folder (without me changing settings). My spam folder automatically deletes them, so I have no way of marking them as "not spam". I changed the setting so spam is not deleted right away. Is there any way to check which email addresses I currently have registered as spam or do I need to wait until the senders email me again?

Email Expert

Re: Check which emails are set as spam

Are you using only the Comcast webmail interface?  If so, when the messages appear in the Spam folder you should mark them as Not Spam to help train the filters.  It can take some time for that to happen.  What you are describing is called a "false positive" in email lingo.  All email systems are subject to this happening.  It's just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.  If the problem persists, you can call Comcast security and see if they can help-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am only using the Comcast email interface. Even though I have my spam folder deleting emails every 30 days, there are no emails in it. Therefore, I cannot mark them as "not spam". The school I am trying to receive emails from said that my address is rejecting their emails. I can receive emails from individuals from their email account if they are responding to an email I sent to them first.

Email Expert

tracy-lm wrote:

I am only using the Comcast email interface. Even though I have my spam folder deleting emails every 30 days, there are no emails in it. Therefore, I cannot mark them as "not spam". The school I am trying to receive emails from said that my address is rejecting their emails. I can receive emails from individuals from their email account if they are responding to an email I sent to them first.

Then you need to call the number I posted and see if there is a blocking issue for that sender's domain.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation