Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Certain SENT emails are not being shown in SENT EMAIL folder only and arrow showing I replied

Regular Visitor

Certain SENT emails are not being shown in SENT EMAIL folder only and arrow showing I replied

Certain SENT emails are not being shown in SENT EMAIL folder only an arrow showing I replied. Why aren't ALL my sent emails available? I need to see exactly what I replied to an important incomming email but can not find my reply anywhere. Only an arrow showing that I did reply something to it.

Please advise as to why ALL my sent emails are not available. Do I need to refresh something?

Gary <Edited for personal information>

<Edited for personal information>

Email Expert

Re: Certain SENT emails are not being shown in SENT EMAIL folder only and arrow showing I replied

I don't know why the messages aren't going into the Sent file.  However, you should still be able to see them if you do this------------------

In the toolbar above the message list in the Inbox, click on "View", and then on "By Conversaton".  Now look back at the message in question in the list.  Do you see a small black, right-pointing arrowhead  to the left of it?  Click on that, and it should show you all the messages in that conversation.

Also, from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>Composing.  Do you have the box checked to Save to the Sent folder?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Certain SENT emails are not being shown in SENT EMAIL folder only and arrow showing I replied

Sorry just now seeing your reply to my post.

The issue I have is not with the Comcast webmail but my email program Mac Mail on my iMac. I do appreciate your  response and am familiar with "By conversation" under View. There is a solution suggestion from a Brett at Comcast support to delete and re-create my account in Mac Mail which I plan on trying. He says my IMAP settings are not right. But I don't know. I am nervous about deleting the account.

Again though thank you for posting.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation