Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot see email content until I hit the reply button

New Poster

Cannot see email content until I hit the reply button

Itunes sent an email to reset my Itunes password.  I cannot see the hot link to process the password reset until I hit the reply, but then the link is not functioning.

How can I set my email preferences to see this HTML link?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cannot see email content until I hit the reply button

Go to the Inbox, click on Preferences, then click on the Email icon.  Scroll down to Reading Messages.

Is it set to HTML?

Sanple:

reading.JPG

Did you sign into iTunes with your User iD to reset your password?

1. Begin by launching iTunes on your computer and clicking the Sign In menu near the top right of the window (if you're already signed in to your account, you'll see your first name there) 
  2. From the drop-down menu, click Account Info
  3. In the pop-up window, click Forgot? (it's a small link just above the password field)
  4. Your default web browser opens a page on Apple's website dedicated to helping users reset their Apple IDs
  5. Your Apple ID username is pre-populated by the site (if you've also forgotten your username, click the Forgot Your Apple ID? link). Click Next
    1. Next, you can choose how you want to prove that you own this Apple ID account: via email or using security questions. Make your selection and click Next 
    2. If you choose email, Apple will email a password reset link to the primary email address on file for your Apple ID. You need to have access to that email account now in order to reset
    • If you choose security questions, Apple will ask you for the answers to the security questions you created when you set up the Apple ID originally

1. If you choose email, a verification email will be sent. When it arrives, click the link in it and skip to step 9 to continue. If you choose security questions, you'll next be asked to enter your birthday (or whatever birthday is associated with this Apple ID). Click Next
  2. You will be asked two security questions. Type in the answers and click Next

3. Whichever method you chose, you can now enter a new password for your Apple ID. Do so and click Reset Password.

Now, try logging in to the iTunes Store and other Apple services with the new password to make sure it works. If it doesn't, go through this process again and make sure you keep track of your new password.

NOTE: If you want to save time and skip the first few steps of the tutorial above, just go directly to iforgot.apple.com and follow the instructions above starting with step 5 (though you'll have to enter your Apple ID username; it won't be pre-populated).

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation