Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot receive email from twitter - no filters, forwards, safe list, or spam filtering enabled.

New Poster

Cannot receive email from twitter - no filters, forwards, safe list, or spam filtering enabled.

I've never (for the 4+ years I've had my account) used my comcast/xfinity email. Yesterday I tried to use it for the first time by signing up for a twitter account with my comcast email. I never receive their confirmation email - required to complete the setup on the account. I've even re-sent the confirmation email multiple times. In the meantime I used a gmail email to complete my twitter setup and that account received the email right away. As of this morning, the emails have still not been received on my comcast email. As mentioned in the subject, I do not have filters, forwards, safe list, or spam filtering enabled on the account.

However, I can send an email from my gmail account and it is received almost instantly.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cannot receive email from twitter - no filters, forwards, safe list, or spam filtering enabled.

Give Comcast Security Assurance a call and ask them to help you with this: 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

Re: Cannot receive email from twitter - no filters, forwards, safe list, or spam filtering enabled.

Thanks bruce, I finally got time to call today and something they did fixed it. The tech put me on hold for a minute after he understood my problem and when he came back i got a weird error when trying to go to my email in the xfinity website, something like "comcast high-speed internet is required". He did something else and it ended up letting me in. Then after triggering another twitter confirmation email i did receive the email - in my inbox, not in any spam or trash folder. Not sure what fixed it but it appears that everything is working now!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation