Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot enable SPAM filter

Contributor

Cannot enable SPAM filter

Noticed an increased amount of SPAM and checked the SPAM filter setting - it was not enabled. Tried enabling it, but always receive "Problem in saving" error message.

Saving works correctly for all other setiings in E-mail Preferences.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot enable SPAM filter

I'm having this exact problem! I got two emails that was forwarded from unknown persons and when I clicked on one email I got a message saying it was dangerous or was misdirected (by virus protection). 

Anyway, I looked at spam filter and it was not enabled (although I rarely use comcast email) so I tried to enable it and I get "problem in saving" message. Tried exiting out, rebooting, clearing cache, history, but same message.

I often have problems checking my Comcast account where there's an indefinite loop misdirection message or something. 

Frequent Visitor

I also have this problem.  Comcast, if you can fix this, please do so and let us know when it's fixed. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Does Comcast monitor this forum?  Can we expect a fix or reply to this issue someday from Comcast?

Regular Contributor

Ditto here!

Please check out the thread I've started "SPAM Filter won't stay enabled."

...it's occurring to me on multiple computers, using different browsers.  I've come to the conclusion that there must be something going on at the COMCAST server end.

It's possible that we who are experiencing this problem are all on the same COMCAST server.

Official Employee

Hi all, I have sent private messages to all of you to gather examples for further escalation and review.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all, I did get an update that this is a bug and our Engineers are working to get fixed, as of right now there is no estimated time of repair.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Cannot enable Spam Filtering

Hi,

I've seen other threads with this same problem, but those threads appear to be locked and the solution just was "thanks to customer service for fixing this problem"; I'm not really sure what was done to fix it.  I didn't even know that Spam Filtering had a setting, I'd just lived for years with my Comcast inbox being inundated with spam even though I'd never given the email address to anyone... I just go in to see my Comcast bills.  So I finally found this setting today, but when I click it, it says "Problem in Saving."  I've tried doing this on both Chrome and Firefox on two different computers, and the result is consistent.

Tags (1)
SpamFilter.png
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot enable Spam Filtering

I have exact same problem.  Don't use the email account much but it is annoying.  Any resolution?  

Regular Visitor

It would appear that 4 months later this is still not fixed.  I get the same error saving whenever I try to activate the spam filter.  Other settings save properly.  Any update on this issue.

Regular Contributor

This problem was reported here FIVE months ago, and it still isn't fixed?  I've started getting spam all of a sudden, with differing addresses so they cannot be filtered individually, and when I try to save the option to turn on general spam protection, I too get the "cannot be saved" error message.

What is going on, Comcast??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation