Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot Access Emails or Folders

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

Cannot Access Emails or Folders

Everything was working most of the day.  About 2 hours ago the problem started.  When I try to access my emails a blank screen continues to clock and then either I get a "Connection Error: This service is not available right now" or "Error! We're sorry it looks like something went wrong.  Please try again".

Sometimes the email screen comes up (toolbar, etc) but no emails for folders.  Right now it shows emails, but not all my folders and some of the items are missing from the toolbar.  If I refresh, then it goes back to the clocking blank screen.  Also, if I do get the email toolbar and I try to access "settings" I receive the same "Error! " message.

For awhile, my address book wasn't working either but that including Calendar and Voice Mail appear to be working now. And, of course, I can only access them when the email toolbar shows up on screen.  Emails and Folders are the issue.

I did mark email me when someone replies but I don't know if will be able to see it since emails are my problem.

I hope this issue can be fixed...............thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Access Emails or Folders

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

View answer in context
New Poster

Im not the fix but I am getting the same problem it happen 2 days ago also. sorry I'm no help

Valued Contributor

Thanks anyway.  At least I'm not alone.  I just hope it can be fixed.

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Hi.  The one thing I haven't been clearing is the cache.  After clearing everything else, incldung the cache this time, shutting down and restarting, everything seems to be working fine.  

Thanks for your help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation