Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't stream NHL NBC Live Extra - Using Linux (Ubuntu)

New Poster

Can't stream NHL NBC Live Extra - Using Linux (Ubuntu)

Can't stream NBC Live Extra. I love in with Comcast and the site refreshes but nothing streams. I'm using Linux (ubuntu). I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer. I've tried sudo apt-get install hal however that's outdated and nothing is working.

New Poster

Re: Can't stream NHL NBC Live Extra - Using Linux (Ubuntu)

I've called in over 6 times now to get NBCSN to stream on xfinitytv.comcast.net, all I can see is an NBCSN splash screen which says "This program is not currently available".  NBC Live Extra is a joke, try to watch a game full screen and they leave a huge banner ad at the top of the page.  As if we are not ALREADY PAYING for the service, they have to force feed an advertisement while you try to enjoy your program (if your lucky enough to even be ABLE to get your stream to work).  I'd bet this is exactly why I, and so many other people can't get NBCSN content to stream through xfinitytv.comcast.net; they make additional revenue when you sign in through stream.nbcsports.com and are forced to look at an ad in "full screen" mode. 

Good luck with your Comcast endeavour, when they say they are going to "elevate" your request and someone will call you back, the tech will simply close your ticket and leave you hanging.  That's been my experience at least.

Thanks so much, Comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation