members

topics

Can't save emails

Contributor

Can't save emails

When  I try to save a recipe email, all I get is a blank page

Email Expert

Re: Can't save emails

Where are you trying to save it to?  Are you using only the Comcast webmail or a client like Outlook?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I use Comcast via Firefox.  When I go to save a recipe or something to a folder, all I get is a blank page.  I have to forward all my emails to AOL in order to save them.  Such a pain.  I'm 74 and don't have a good computer 'vocabulary" so not sure about your question.

Thanks

Linda

Email Expert

It sounds like you are using the Comcast webmail.  Where is the folder you are trying to put the file in----------in the Comcast email folder pane?  Or are you talking about a folder on your computer in your Documents or something like that?

Is the recipe in an attachment to an email someone sent to you?  Exactly how are you trying to save it?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

The Recipe is in an email.  I copied the recipe from the internet. I use Firefox and Comcast Xfinity is my home page and emails.  I have a recipe folder with:  Pie, Cake, Cookies, Stew etc. folders and I'm trying to save my recipe into the proper folder,.  When I go and hit save as and tell it where to save to, it's a blank page that's saved.  When I've tried to save anything, all I get is a blank page.

Save As.jpg
Email Expert

Is the recipe actually in the body of the email? Did you copy and paste it from a website?  Have you tried to copy and paste it into a word processor on your computer like Microsoft Word or something like that?  I'm trying to figure out just what it is you are looking at.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I copied it from a website that has tons of recipes.  I just tried and I can copy and paste it into

Microsoft Word but then there is no picture.  I always used to be able to go up to File--Save As--and put it in the cake---cookie--pie--meat folder, etc.  I'm using Firefox 41.0.2   When I go to my stand alone AOL, I can do it.  Computer kid keeps telling me that Comcast is safer but AOL is the only format that can do everything.  I can't understand why "someone" would get rid of that option.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation