Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't receive email from one particular sender.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Can't receive email from one particular sender.

Both my wife and I are unable to receive emails from a friend we correspond with almost daily.   This person is in our address book and nothing is showing-up in the spam folder.

We use Windows Live Mail as our email client, but we've also checked the Comcast email client and nothing is showing there either.

The sender is not receiving any error or kick back messages.  

Thanks for any ideas.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't receive email from one particular sender.

Is your account is set to save spam emails? In My Account / Users & Preferences / (userid) / Email Settings, if "Spam filtering" is On, then "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" should be checked as well.

Is the sender getting a bounce message?

If the missing messages are not in the spam folder and there are no bounce messages, call Comcast Security: 1-888-565-4329, http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts. They might be able to tell you what's happening.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Is your account is set to save spam emails? In My Account / Users & Preferences / (userid) / Email Settings, if "Spam filtering" is On, then "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" should be checked as well.

Is the sender getting a bounce message?

If the missing messages are not in the spam folder and there are no bounce messages, call Comcast Security: 1-888-565-4329, http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts. They might be able to tell you what's happening.

Regular Visitor

Thanks Bruce.   Not showing up in the spam folder and no bounce back to sender.

I will contact Comcast security per your suggestion - appreciate the help!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation