Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't open email from new Xfinity homepage; and I cannot figure how to contact Xfinity

Regular Visitor

Can't open email from new Xfinity homepage; and I cannot figure how to contact Xfinity

When I open the new Xfinity homepage, I click on the box on the upper right of the screen for email.  It opens a homepage screen in a new tab; it does not go to my email.  I hope someone in this forum can help, because I have tried drilling down in the support page and I cannot figure  a way to get in touch with Xfinity/Comcast.

Email Expert

Re: Can't open email from new Xfinity homepage; and I cannot figure how to contact Xfinity

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome, Edge  or Firefox.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't open email from new Xfinity homepage; and I cannot figure how to contact Xfinity

Latoque,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  I cleared the cache/browsing history; I am sure that this worked, because now every time I go to a site I have previously visited I have to re-login, etc.  I closed the browser and re-opened it.  Nevertheless, I am still getting the same frustrating response from the Xfinity homepage:  when I click on email, it opens Xfinity homepage in a new tab.  This is on my personal laptop.

On my work computer, I have a direct link to the email login, and on this computer that link worked.  When I entered the same address on my personal laptop, after taking a while to do anything, it opened the Xfinity homepage.

Both computers have Internet Explorer.  I am reluctant to load alternate browsers on my laptop. 

Email Expert

You could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Select the Lite version.  Now go back to the Email and see if it works OK.

Also-------If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".  Other than that, it would help if you tried one of the other browsers, as at least then you could narrow it down to IE if that is in fact the culprit.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

This is happening to me as well on the new Xfinity page. I have tried everything you have mentioned including changing to Lite and still no luck. This is happening on both IE11 and Firefox.

FYI, it worked fine on the new page for the past 3 days (which is when the new page showed up) and until about noon EST. My sign in is accepted and then the blue circle just goes on forever. To check something else I signed into my account and it let me there with no problem I can pay bill etc. On that screen it shows I have 2 new messages by the envelope. However, when clicking on the envelope it hangs up and say undefined in the connecting section.

Does that mean anything to anyone or has Comcast just made a change that is making this happen?

Email Expert

OK right now there is an ongoing problem with an email outage in certain areas.  Are you by chance in the Northwest part of the country?  That seems to be where most of it is.  I'm in the South and I'm not having the problem but a lot of others are.  So I have to wonder if that is what is the cause of your problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

OK right now there is an ongoing problem with an email outage in certain areas.  Are you by chance in the Northwest part of the country?  That seems to be where most of it is.  I'm in the South and I'm not having the problem but a lot of others are.  So I have to wonder if that is what is the cause of your problem.

No I am in the Midatlantic region. Now I can access by connecting to "my account" first and then wait awhile and then the envelope in the upper right hand corner of the screen will finally open. Just have to be patient but it seems someone is working on it. From other information in this forum it seems that this situation is nationwide and that based on one post that Comcast chose SuperBowl Sunday to do major maintenance. Not logical to say the least from my perspective.

New Poster

It's a systemic problem and not localized by region.  I'm in Florida and haven't had access to email (though mail client or the web interface) since about noon Sunday 2/7.  Spent an hour on the phone with Comcast and they ended up saying someone was working on it and would get it fixed soon.  So far, zilch.

Email Expert

martin618 wrote:

It's a systemic problem and not localized by region.  I'm in Florida and haven't had access to email (though mail client or the web interface) since about noon Sunday 2/7.  Spent an hour on the phone with Comcast and they ended up saying someone was working on it and would get it fixed soon.  So far, zilch.

I'm in Florida too, and I havent' had the problem yet.

Go figure

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

martin618 wrote:

I'm in Florida too, and I havent' had the problem yet.

Go figure

FYI, I am in the MidAtlantic region and my email is back and running "properly." At first I had to go through several steps such as "signing in" then waiting for the envelope then after a few minutes I could access email. Now one click on the upper right hand corner envelope does the job.

Contributor

Just more of the outstanding customer service I have come to expect.  I went through this very same thing a month or two ago, then THEY fixed things at THEIR end and recently (after their "new and improved: site) exerything is messed up again.  All the "clean out your cache" and "try a different browser" is just nonsense to make you think the problem is yours rather than their incompetence.  The last time I had to deal with this garbage, I had to use Google to retrieve my e-mail until they fixed things.  They do manage to get your monthly bill to you on time so I guess that's something..... Smiley Sad    

New Poster

Mine is now working, after spending another 30 minutes on the phone with Comcast.  The email for the time it was down hasn't appeared, but they assured me it would eventually show up in my email inbox as the system re-synched (or something).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation