Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't get updates from POP server

Regular Visitor

Can't get updates from POP server

I can't download mail from the POP server.

This has been a problem for several weeks, since the last week of March. I've tried reinstalling Thunderbird multiple times, even a brand new install on a new machine. Each time I get thousands of messages over multiple hours, then never another update. I'm waiting since 9:00 this morning, six hours ago, to get any of the messages I can see have arrived in the webmail since yesterday.

Port 995 is not blocked by the Windows firewall. Thunderbird connects to pop3-ch2.sys.comcast.net on 68.87.20.9:995 with 0% packet loss and ~ 40ms latency. Thunderbird sits there showing the "Checking Inbox for new messages" display for hours, but doesn't download new messages. I'm using the SSL/TLS connection with "Normal password" for POP Mail Server "mail.comcast.net" on port 995 in Thunderbird.

Like I said, I've tried several installs of T-bird, even one on a new machine. When I started googling for alternatives, I saw the messages here in this forum that others have trouble with POP now, too.

I'm at a complete loss at this end. Please help me get POP3 access restored.

Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation