Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't access my address book

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

I wanted to add a name and address to my address book. I am on my email page and when i click on the address book tab, or the calendar, or voice, or preferences tags for that matter, I get the same message:

Access requires Comcast High-Speed Internet

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »

Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »
Learn more about mySIGN-IN by Comcast

If you landed here when attempting to configure "Advanced Call Forwarding" on Xfinity Connect, it is because the Xfinity Voice 2go "Advanced Call Forwarding" feature is not currently available for your level of service (Xfinity Voice only or Xfinity Voice & Xfinity TV).

At this time you cannot have calls forwarded from your Xfinity Voice home number to your mobile devices or to your Personal Phone Numbers. This feature should be available in the near future. Please look for an e-mail in the beginning of July letting you know when the Advanced Call Forwarding feature will be enabled.

Now if I didn't have Comcast High-Speed Internet, could I even be on my email page in the first place. Same thing with being signed in I must be signed in or I couldn't have clicked on this tab. I can understand it on the voice tab, because I do not have comcast phone service ( I have Magic Jack for one tenth the price). Anyhow, if anyone else has run into this, and has a fix, let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access my address book

Yah! Glad to know the issue is fixed.

Xfinity Connect has 2 versions [Full version and Lite version].

To check the version, try the steps:

- Click on Preferences

- Click on General and then you will see Version.  Click on Version to see which version is enabled.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

This message means there is a coding problem with your Account.  Call 1-800 comcast, tell them the error message you are getting.  They are able to fix this for you.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Problem Solver

@1PDnAZ, your account was in bad state. I made few changes to the account. Can you please verify, if the issue is resolved?

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Hi Brian,

Yes that part is fixed now. however now, when I log in to either my pd****s@comcast.net or cy*****dler@comcast.net I get the following Message:

Retrieving messages for the following external account has failed:

• cyclepeddler (failing since 1/24/13 7:02 AM)
    Error: system failure: Unable to connect to POP3 server: DataSource: { id=55331456-11f1-416c-8fbf-92e8d63f912d, type=pop3, isEnabled=true, name=cyclepeddler, host=mail.comcast.net, port=995, connectionType=ssl, username=cyclepeddler, folderId=350461 }, Read timed out

The failed accounts will not update until the problem(s) have been resolved. Click OK to go to account preferences.

Retrieving messages for the following external account has failed:
cyclepeddler (failing since 1/24/13 7:02 AM)
Error: system failure: Unable to connect to POP3 server: DataSource: { id=55331456-11f1-416c-8fbf-92e8d63f912d, type=pop3, isEnabled=true, name=cyclepeddler, host=mail.comcast.net, port=995, connectionType=ssl, username=cyclepeddler, folderId=350461 }, Read timed out
The failed accounts will not update until the problem(s) have been resolved. Click OK to go to account preferences. 

When I click OK i get a 'Loading" message that will stay there forever. If I click the email tab it goes right to my in box. Thanks for your help

1PDnAZ

Problem Solver

Can you please try accessing your accounts: pd****@comcast.net and cy*****@comcast.net and let me know, if you encounter the same issue now.

If the issue persists then send the screenshot of the error message to helpme (at) sv.comcast.com along with Browser and OS version. We'd investigate the issue and assist you further.

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Will not allow me to add new addresses!

Problem Solver

@dacim26, Can you try now and let us know, if you are able to access your Address book.  

Are you able to Add or edit or delete contacts using XC full or Lite version?

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Hi Brain

thanks again for your help. everything is now working fine. I'm not sure what you mean by XC full or Lite version. not sure how to check.

Problem Solver

Yah! Glad to know the issue is fixed.

Xfinity Connect has 2 versions [Full version and Lite version].

To check the version, try the steps:

- Click on Preferences

- Click on General and then you will see Version.  Click on Version to see which version is enabled.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Brian thanks very much for your help. It seems to be working fine now. Did I do something to cause the problem?

Problem Solver

Nope

Regular Visitor

You corrected my problem but now my wife cannot access her email account, mki303@comcast.net! Please correct!

Gold Problem Solver

Please edit your pst and remove the email address before it is harvested by spammers.  The forums are public, everyone can see the address!

To do:  On yor post, click on OPTIONS on the right side of your post.  Now click on EDIT REPLY.  A window opens showing the post...delete the email address and then click POST.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Problem Solver

@dacim26, I'm sorry about the delayed response.

Can you please check the account  mk****@comcast.net account and let me know, if the issue is resolved.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

It's working fine now!

Problem Solver

New Poster

Hi...I'm having the same problem...can't access my address book and calendar. I tried doing the solution you posted but when I click on preferences...there is nothing like what you posted.  Am I in the wrong area?  It says "users and preferences". 

I personally use Outlook but the rest of the family uses the comcast mail format.  I do not have comcast phone services.

thanks for any help!

Official Employee

MomMcG wrote:

Hi...I'm having the same problem...can't access my address book and calendar. I tried doing the solution you posted but when I click on preferences...there is nothing like what you posted.  Am I in the wrong area?  It says "users and preferences". 

I personally use Outlook but the rest of the family uses the comcast mail format.  I do not have comcast phone services.

thanks for any help!

Hello MomMcG,

Can you please give us more details?  Where are you trying to access your Address Book and Calendar?  Is it on the Xfinity.com website?  That is what was being discussed above.  

Are you stating that your Outlook is having a problem or are your problem all on the Xfinity Connect webmail and preferences?   Please let us know.

Thanks,

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am on the xfinity website when I can't access the address book and calendar.  When I'm on the website and click on either one I get the message about needing high speed internet.  I get the same thing when i click on preferences.

Problem Solver

@MomMcG, your account was in bad state. I made few changes to the account. Can you please verify, if the issue is resolved?

Brian
Comcast Silicon Valley

New Poster

Fantastic!  Everything is better...thank you for your help!

New Poster

BUT all of the other users on my account are deleted?  There were 4 other accounts for family members.

Problem Solver

@MomMcG, Can you please email us the account details to helpme (at) sv.comcast.com thereby we can look in to the issue and have the right team fix the issue ASAP.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

New Poster

Help, we can't access my address book.

Paul

Gold Problem Solver

Which version of XfinityConnectbare you using?

To check: Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences in the Preview window. Now click on the General tab. A window opens showing which version you are using.

What happens exactly when you click on the address book?
Which browser/ version are you using?
Have you cleared your cache?

CC

Problem Solver

paulpesheck wrote:

Help, we can't access my address book.

Paul

Your account was in bad state. I made few changes to the account. Can you please verify, if the issue is resolved?

Brian
Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Brian of Comcast,

Yes, I use XfinityConnect. I don't  know if it's the Full or Lite version.

No, I don't use an email client. Just Comcast homepage.

Google Chrome.

Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I try to access my address book in XfinityConnect or when composing a new email, and I get the same popup as other people in this forum string as follows.

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »

Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »

If you landed here when attempting to configure "Advanced Call Forwarding" on Xfinity Connect, it is because the Xfinity Voice 2go "Advanced Call Forwarding" feature is not currently available for your level of service (Xfinity Voice only or Xfinity Voice & Xfinity TV).

At this time you cannot have calls forwarded from your Xfinity Voice home number to your mobile devices or to your Personal Phone Numbers. This feature should be available in the near future. Please look for an e-mail in the beginning of July letting you know when the Advanced Call Forwarding feature will be enabled.

Comcast

Problem Solver

bwalla wrote:

Brian of Comcast,

Yes, I use XfinityConnect. I don't  know if it's the Full or Lite version.

No, I don't use an email client. Just Comcast homepage.

Google Chrome.

Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I try to access my address book in XfinityConnect or when composing a new email, and I get the same popup as other people in this forum string as follows.

Need it? Subscribe now »
Have it? Use your Comcast ID & password to Sign in now »

Forgot your Comcast.net sign-in info? Get it now »

Comcast

I made few changes to the account in the backend. Can you please clear cookies, Temporary Internet Files off the browser and then try accessing your emails or Address Book.

Please let me know, if you notice any changes or the same issue persists.

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Brian of Comcast,

You are a wizard! everything appears to be back to normal.

Thanks, Brian Wallace

Problem Solver

bwalla wrote:

Brian of Comcast,

You are a wizard! everything appears to be back to normal.

Thanks, Brian Wallace

Awesome! Glad to know the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

New Poster

Sigh. Same problem here. Can access my email through the browser but cannot pull up the address book, etc. There are three mailboxes on the account: mine, and one each for wife and daughter. They use dedicated email clients for the most part and haven't complained. I usually use a separate client, myself, but it's helpful to use the web page when not home. Thanks.

Problem Solver

meneldur wrote:

Sigh. Same problem here. Can access my email through the browser but cannot pull up the address book, etc. There are three mailboxes on the account: mine, and one each for wife and daughter. They use dedicated email clients for the most part and haven't complained. I usually use a separate client, myself, but it's helpful to use the web page when not home. Thanks.

Can you please try accessing your address book now and let us know, if the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

New Poster

Brian: Thanks a lot! It's working properly again.

Problem Solver

meneldur wrote:

Brian: Thanks a lot! It's working properly again.

Glad to know, you are able to access your address book.

If you encounter any issue with your address book then feel free to send an email to helpme (at) sv.comcast.com for further assistance.

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. Can't access address book. Get message saying I need High-Speed Internet.

Spent 2 hours with Comcast on the phone yesterday and still no solution. At their suggestion, I already cleared cookies, etc. Still couldn't access.

I see Brian has solved this problem for others. Can someone help me?

Problem Solver

EonCape wrote:

I have the same problem. Can't access address book. Get message saying I need High-Speed Internet.

Spent 2 hours with Comcast on the phone yesterday and still no solution. At their suggestion, I already cleared cookies, etc. Still couldn't access.

I see Brian has solved this problem for others. Can someone help me?

Can you please try accessing your address book and let us know, if the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Hooray! Yes, access to my address book on all of  my Comcast email addresses is available again. Many thanks, Brian H!!!! 

Regular Visitor

i'm having the sam issue can't acess my adress book or preferences with out additional steps whould like some help

Problem Solver

seanpower wrote:

i'm having the sam issue can't acess my adress book or preferences with out additional steps whould like some help

Can you please try accessing your address book and let us know, if the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

thank you the issues are resolved and no problems as of yet.

New Poster

I am having issues accessing my address book when trying to email.

How can I adjust my settings or fix this?

Problem Solver

DavidSWeissman wrote:

I am having issues accessing my address book when trying to email.

How can I adjust my settings or fix this?

I have forced a slow sync on your account. Can you please verify, if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists then you may send an email to helpme (at) sv.comcast.com for further assistance.

Thank you,

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Regular Visitor

Can Brian or someone at Comcast help me again? In June 2013 I was having a problem where I could not access the address book for my e-mail and I was getting a message that I needed high-speed internet, which I have already. The telephone techs were not successful in solving my problem but "Brian" on the Comcast Forum did solve the problem then.  BUT THE SAME PROBLEM IS BACK!!!!

Please can some Comcast tech help me solve this once and for all?

New Poster

Brian,

I seem to be having the same issue with the address book as the people you've helped before.  Can you look at my out********e account and try to fix it.

Thanks,

Eric

Gold Problem Solver

Your post is not a Private Message to Brian.  See my reply to you in this clickable link.

CC

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Address-book-cannot-access/m-p/1869629#...

New Poster

I cannot access my address book to add new email addresses. messageays "Sorry contact your administrator.  deaconnagle1@comcast.net

New Poster

Hello Comcast.  I know you are reading the posts. Yes I received an email from you Right after the post. It was at the top so the system let me open it. Got lucky.

You are aware of the issue.  We know that.

Please advise us of ETA for fix as well as any updates regarding the fix.

I work for a major corporation with an IT department. Thousands of locations. They with courtesy let us know they are experiencing an issue and what the ETA is for fix.  They update as needed so we can plan.

Common courtesy would dictate that you do the same for your customers. My employer pays me and yet they find the courtesy to update me.

We pay you.  We would like the same courtesy. 

Unreasonable request. I don't think so.  See you are a communications company.  This should be right up your alley.

After reading the thread and the length of time this has been going on for all. I am quite surprised there wasn't anything on the news about it.

Such a shame that I had to reach out to comcast customers to find out the problem wasn't just me.

Integrity seems to be lacking at comcast. Talked with 4 people before finding this thread.

Own the issue comcast.

Once again Comcast, we would like an ETA for the fix so we can conduct our lives. We know you are working on it. Own the issue and communicate with your customers. Key expectation is:

What is the ETA for fix?

I await your response.

Anyone reading this, there is no point in calling. I called asked for a supervisor. Did i get to speak with one. Nope. First one hung up on me. The second one said why. They checked with their supervisor and said I am transferring you now. No sup got on the line. The line was disconnected after several minutes. Gets you more frustrated.

Feel like I am playing a video game called catch the email.

Hit an old one I was desperate to get into on the right side just so and woo hoo it opened.

New Poster

I am having the same problem but I have figured a way into my address book.

On xfinity home page click on my account, enter your passward and sign in, click my services, then click check your email and a grey screen will come up with the message "your servers license has expired", click the OK on the message and then click address book and it should open. I know this is not the way address book should open but at least you can get in until Comcast addresses the problem.

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast doesn't give an ETA of fixes while they are still testing out fixes.  If they did, and the fix doesn't work, or has porblems there would be more complaints saying "you said it would be fixed blah blah date and it isn't working yet".

Did you read this post made by the Administrator?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Official-Response-to-Email-Issues/m-p/1...

IF you want to, you can install a free email program and use it instead of ( or in addition to) XfinityConnect.  Free ones include:  Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Gmail.

I use Outlook 2010, Windows Live Mail, Gmail, as well as XfinityConnect.

CC

New Poster

I cannot access my address book and this occurred suddenly with the computer being in use for internet access.  I needed to email a person and went to the address book to obtain the correct information and found the book non responsive.  All I got was the revolving  circle. No messages, no nothing.  I waited several minutes and nothing changed.  I am using the full version of the Comcast email on a Windows 7 system with IE.  I still receive emails, can respond to emails and send new emails as long as I type in the address. I would like to know what might be wrong and how to fix it.  Thanks.

teo965

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats