Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't Download Xfinity Connect On Android Tablet

New Poster

Can't Download Xfinity Connect On Android Tablet

It's a Nook HD+ running Kit Kat (rooted).  I can get almost any other Android App that I've wanted to install onto the device.

But the built in Email app will no longer connect to the servers (I've checked the settings incoming and outgoing several times) and I can't replace it with the Xfinity Connect app - I get a message that the app is not compatible with my device.

I can get into my email with the browser - but I prefer the app, it was slightly easier to read. 

Is something being done about setting up the app to be compatible with more devices?

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't Download Xfinity Connect On Android Tablet

Have you tried sideloading the app rather than downloadig it? Sometimes it's just the store, rather than the device.

New Poster

Hadn't thought to try sideloading if it was "not compatable" - if it doesn't work, then it proves that it wasn't - but I'll try it and see what happens. 

Silver Problem Solver

Yeah I have an Amazon Kindle Fire 7, but I was tired of the lack of selection from the Amazon App store, so I rooted it and installed Google Play. While I did get access to tons more apps, Google Play still says some apps are not compatible, but if I just sideload the app from my Android cell phone, it still works fine. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation