Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can'l Log Into Comcast Email - Can Send But Not Receive through Outlook 2010

New Poster

Can'l Log Into Comcast Email - Can Send But Not Receive through Outlook 2010

I can log into Comcast, but not comcast email.  I get a message dated "1 month ago" that says

Email and voice mail are currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

I can open my email through Outlook 2010 and send emails, but I can't receive.  The error is "Task myusername@comcast.net - Receiving reported error (0x8OOCCC92): Your e-mail server rejected your logon. Verify your username and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: ERR internal server error.

Alternatively, I am also receiving this error through Outlook 2010.  Task myusername@comcast.net - Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F) The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem persists, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).

This just started this morning.  I haven't made any changes to my username or password and all my settings are exactly the same as my husband's.  He is not having any issues.

New Poster

Re: Can'l Log Into Comcast Email - Can Send But Not Receive through Outlook 2010

I am having the exact same problem as well.   My Outlook 2010 client is not connecting to the server.   I went in a removed the account and did a new account to no avail.  Settings are as described on the website.  So need help with this quickly.

New Poster

Re: Can'l Log Into Comcast Email - Can Send But Not Receive through Outlook 2010

My problem just miraculously disappeared a couple of minutes ago.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation