Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I have IMAP for phone, and POP3 for desktop?

Regular Contributor

Can I have IMAP for phone, and POP3 for desktop?

My Android is set to POP3, and to keep mail on server so that I can also read mail on my desktop.  I don't care about synching.  But, the Android keeps downloading the same messages over and over, even if already read on the phone.  It will download emails from month ago.  It used to work as expected, but went haywire about two years ago, when Samsung pushed an update to my phone.  My wife has the same phone/firmware, and her's works fine.  I've tired of trying to get Samsung to help, or figure it out myself.  I've even deleted the account on my phone and set up again, but no luck.

Anyway.....I though I'd set up IMAP on the phone, and see if that works better.  But, I want to use POP3 on my pcs/laptops at home.  Can I have both an IMAP and a POP3 server on the same account (email address)?

I know that if the phone is using IMAP, when I delete an emal from the phone, it will delete it from the IMAP server.

TIA

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation