Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I get a new email address

Regular Visitor

Can I get a new email address

I apologize in advance if this is posted twice but I don't see it in the list.  I am getting way too much spam and I'm reporting it daily.  Unfortunately, because I log on to comcast on my laptop and my tablet, it is affecting other things.  I will need to pay someone to clean up both (so aggravating).  It also affected my cell phone.  Yesterday was my renewal date for a cell phone.  I have not installed comcast on the new phone.  I was wondering if I could change my comcast email address.  That way I could use my new phone to get email and then reinstall Comcast on the laptop/tablet after they are cleaned.  Is this possible?

The only other thing I can think of is to not use comcast email at all, so can I get a new email address?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can I get a new email address

Yes, it can be done, but know that if you do remove your current PRIMARY username yiu will no longer have access at all to that primary email address, emails, etc,  Everything will be removed and yiu cannot get it back again.  Once a username is deleted, it is held for 99 days, then. It is released for use by any other user tgat chooses it.

Instead, I would recommend creating. Secondary Username, and using it for all of your email.  Change the Username and password on ALL devices to match this new Secondary Username and password.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation