Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Build address book in comcast webmail

Regular Visitor

Build address book in comcast webmail

I'd like to build my address book in Xfinity email.  I created the.csv file in my computer as directed.  When I attempt to upload it I get an error message in red:  Please specify a valid file.  I have done this several times to no avail.  Please help.

Email Expert

Re: Build address book in comcast webmail

The address book is actually provided by a company called Plaxo.  Try doing the import by going directly to their website and signing in with your Comcast ID and password----------------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I, too, am having this issue, and from some of the older forums here this seems to have been going on for at least a YEAR. I looked at Plaxo's site, and to do anything one must create an account and sign up to yet another site. I'm sorry, that's not in the cards. The web page that Comcast provides states: "Build your address book. It's fast and easy." In BIG RED LETTERS. There is a link just below to do an import of an address book, and when clicked on, many options arise. The Gmail one doesn't work because it needs something called 0Auth 2.0 vs. 0Auth 1.0, and the pop up from Gmail doesn't tell you anyhting about that, neither does it tell you how to get from 1.0 to 2.0. So, I tried both .vcf and .csv files, both of which give the "Not valid file" error. Now the way to fix that is go to yet ANOTHER site, sign up to yet ANOTHER account, just so the multi-billion dollar behemoth that Comcast is doesn't have to fix their OWN problem after a YEAR?! I even called and spoke to a Tier 2 tech, who, although he was very personable, and seemed to actually know what he was talking about, couldn't get me to a fix either. I'm sorry, all this is completely unacceptable. I pay Comcast, NOT Plaxo. 

All this was precipitated by an email I received from Comcast stating they have finally gone over to IMAP for their email from POP3. Which, incidentally they have done for YEARS now, and I have been using for almost a year, along with my POP account just to make sure that their implementation of IMAP works properly. So far, it seems ok, even though I have only been testing it for a year now. /sarcasm off. So, what should have been a simple, two minute process, has now turned into an hours long mess, JUST to import an address book, which I have done many times over the years, including with Comcast's own web mail site. Again, unacceptable. There is something called "customer service" which every large corporation in the service industry, especially, touts as their number one priority. Yeah, right.

So, all I have to say is: Comcast, FIX the problem. Train your "tech support" personnel how to actually provide tech support. You ARE a TECHNOLOGY company. I call tech support, where I got the number from the SUPPORT page, and the first thing I hear is an ad for a stupid PPV boxing match for $49.99, and whether or not I'd like to ORDER it from their IVR! I don't even have the capability for PPV on my system, and they know my account when I call. I then talk to som rep from well, somewhere, and immediately state that I know I will need at least a 2nd tier tech support rep, and complain about the sales pitch on the tech support line, and she asks, "So, you're problem is you can't order PPV?" This after 10 minutes of going through that awful IVR, AND having it HANG UP ON ME, so I had to call back again. All to actually reach a tech support person! Why is it that companies still think it is expedient and profit driving to have MACHINES talk to us, then have people who simply do not understand what we are asking talk to us then have people talk to us who have no idea how to fix our problems with THEIR service?

I usually don't complain too much about Comcast, even though I know a lot of folks do, because honestly, I have not had too many problems with them. But there comes a time when one must say what needs to be said. I worked in the telecommunications industry for almost 20 years as a tech, and then in the call center, so I know how it all works, and believe me, someone apologizing every five minutes for things they can't or won't do, does NOT make up for the fact they can't or won't do what needs to be done! I blame management for not providing the proper training, or pay, benefits, etc. And, for "outsourcing" to other places just to save a buck or two, which then ticks off their long term customers, which may force them to leave, thereby REDUCING their profit margin. Business 101.

Email Expert

Back to the topic---------did you try signing in at plaxo with your Comcast credentials?  There is no need to create another account of any kind.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Ok, I'll play. Yes I did go to Plaxo, which was how I knew about them wanting to sign me up for a "free upgrade" to "Plaxo Premium". So, rather than do that, I clicked on "Address Book", which brought me to my un-updated address book which shows up on the Comcast web mail site. I then clicked on the little gear icon, and then "import", which only opened up a new tab that was the SAME PAGE as I had just come from, asking me to sign up for that "free upgrade"!  NO option to actually import anything. I reiterate, if one is PAYING an ISP for something, and goes to that ISP's site where there is an option to "easily" import email addresses from many different providers and sources, and that has not actually been available for an entire year, there is something seriously wrong with that ISP. Do you disagree? Especially if their own tech support personnel don't know how to get it done, again, after a YEAR. This is entropy².

I will say again: I want to go to the COMCAST web page for email and import a freakin' address book, which it states on that very page that I can do "free and easy", but cannot, and I am not the only one. And now I see that it is not possible through Plaxo, either. It is not the customer's fault that Comcast can't, won't, or simply doesn't want to do their own work for their own services, yet still want to increase their "bottom line".

And, all that IS on topic.

Gold Problem Solver

khbvhjg wrote: ... And now I see that it is not possible throughPlaxo, either. ...

All you have to do is log in to http://www.plaxo.com/join/existImport and click the orange Import button.

You're right of course, Comcast should fix this, but a very warm place might freeze over before that happens.

Contributor

Every time I click on any link you or Latoque have provided only brings me to the main Plaxo page where it wants me to, as a Comcast customer, sign up for a free "Premium" account. The orange button you speak of is not on that page. I attached a picture of the page that loads to this message.

2016-01-03_Print Screen Plaxo.jpg
Regular Visitor

I agree with you whole-heartedly.  I am so frustrated at Xfinity email right now!  I feel as though I will have to type in every email address in my new Windows 10 computer because of this.  I wish I had never opened a comcast email account.  On top of that, I cannot print from email.  I can print from every other program on my computer but email.  Ugh!

Regular Visitor

Thank-you for your response as it saved me a lot of time.  I am so frustrated that I have to re-enter every email address in my new Windows 10 laptop.  This is #!%X*O)#!  On top of that, I can't print from email!  I've made vacation reservations and I can't even print them out.  I can print from every program in my computer but Comcast email!  I shouldn't have to go on my online account to do that.  I wish I had never opened a Comcast email account.  My kids told me to go with gmail instead and now I wish I had listened to them!

Contributor

Not sure about the webmail, but on any Android devices you may have, you can add any email to the Gmail app. I have 6 email accounts, two from Comcast, one from netscape.net (yep, that's an old one!) and 3 Gmail accounts. I can also print from my devices. That will depend on what printer you have, or if you wish to use cloud printing (I don't). I have an HP all in one, and you can get drivers for Android devices and software that will print over your network to your printer from within any app on your devices.

By the way, you say you can't print from Comcast email, but CAN from the webmail site? Is that correct? If so, what client are you using to try and print from? I, personally, at the moment, use Thunderbird, and have no problems printing from within it on any of my accounts. Perhaps we can figure out just why you can't seem to print from email, this I don't think is Comcast's fault.

My problem is not only does Comcast simply ignore major problems like this, but some fanboys think it's just fine, and to use silly workarounds, rather than get the, again, MULTI-BILLION dollar corporation to actually do what we all pay them for, provide a service. I generally don't give up, and as I stated here I have already called "tech support", and will be doing so again. The one good thing I have found about Comcast is earlier this year, I had an email issue where my emails that I swore I had chosen the correct settings in all my clients on all my devices to "not delete on server" (I missed ONE thing), and all my Comcast emails were "disappearing', when I called for tech support they actually assigned me a one point contact, who actually made appointments to call me, and kept those promises, and together, and with the help of some other support personnel, found the one setting I had missed! But, they didn't give up and it took almost three months to resolve! (And boy was I red faced, and fully admitted my error!) Here however, thus far anyway, Comcast doesn't quite yet know what the heck is going on, (for OVER A YEAR!) and the workaround suggested by the folks here (who I KNOW are only trying to help), is first, not working, and second NOT an adequate resolution to this issue. Once again, if I go to Comcast's webmail site, and they present an option to "easily" import an address book, and I have done THREE different attempts, with three different formats, and NOTHING works; neither does the undesirable Plaxo workaround, then I expect that option to work! Period. And if it doesn't for whatever reason, and I directly bring it to Comcast's (or any other service provider, for that matter) attention, I fully expect them to fulfill their CONTRACT with me, the customer, and repair THEIR service related issues! WE should not have to do THEIR work for them.

Again, this IS on topic.

Contributor

Here's a little update: Just got off the phone with Comcast "tech support". Once again spoke to an alleged tier 2 rep, this time sounding (not sure of course, and no I didn't ask) like not from the US. Told me the previous ticket from 2 days ago was closed, AND that it was for me not being able to receive email from some specific domain or other; NOTHING about address book importation issues! I spoke with a guy named V from 7:11 pm to 7:49 pm on the 2nd. 2 days later that ticket was CLOSED without being RESOLVED (even though it somehow was completely the wrong issue anyway). V did seem to be from the US, and seemed to know his technology as well, but was not able to resolve the issue; neither was Rudy this time, who I spoke with from 7:40 pm until 7:59 pm after waiting 15 minutes or more on hold, and after speaking with a "regular" tech rep named Rain. He opened a NEW ticket, he says, with much better information in it, and I am to expect a call from another tech support rep on Wednesday from 12-5pm sometime.

We shall see how all this goes. I have a question for some of the regulars here: Why do you feel it is ok for Comcast NOT to fix an issue that would seem to be somewhat important to many if not all of it's members? Why need a workaround for something as basic and simple as importing an address book, which I was able to do back in 2013? (The web mail page states when the last time I imported an address book was by date). Why do you think it's ok to pay Comcast money (or any company) for a service, and if they are not providing that service, to take NO action? I am not trying to be condescending here, I am actually legitimately curious. I believe if I was to get paid for providing a service (and I may be in the position of running my own little tech support business in the very near future, and I can see there is a definite real need for it, Geek Squad notwithstanding), then I should provide that service I promised, or not get paid. Rather simple, yes?

Regular Visitor

Yes.  I'm with you on this.  I waste too much time trying to do something that will never work.  Frustrating.  Thank-you for representing all of us on this issue.  You sound much more knowledgable than me.

Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. The knowledge part has simply come from dealing with computers since the '70's, and also never being able to avail myself of actual tech support for the past almost 30 years now of personal computing. I blame management, due to poor training, and also not letting technicians take the time to actually try and help customers. Everyone is on a clock, and companies such as Comcast time everyone and everything, so as to increase their "bottom line", although all that rarely actually does. I feel bad for those techs that truly do want to help, but simply aren't allowed to. But, we'll see if they call me tomorrow, and I will be sure to update here if we can actually come up with a solution.

Contributor

Well, it's almost 5:30 pm my time, a half hour after the FIVE hour window Comcast gave me to call me, and, nada. Just an update. I will be calling them; when is the only question considering I have MANY things going on at this moment in my life.

Regular Visitor

I agree. This should not take up so much of your precious time. Thank you for sticking with it.
Contributor

Oh, believe me, if there's one thing I am it's persistent; sometimes to a fault. And Comcast already knows this about me. I've been in contact with their "Customer relations" person in my area before (who simply stopped taking my calls, can you imagine? That was during that earlier email issue where at least the tech person never gave up, and again, together we figured out what I had missed. It took from March until May, 2015 though.)

Anyway, I may be able to call them Friday, where the first question will be why is it they didn't keep their word today. See, that is something MY Mommy and Daddy taught me when I was like 4 years old, if you make a promise, keep it, or don't make it. Treat others as you would like to be treated, and all that. The Golden Rule. It seems largely, "business" has forgotten all that.

Contributor

ddvetz46, one more thing I thought of that may help you, temporarily. You can from the email settings page on the Comcast webmail site, forward your Comcast messages to another email address of your choice. You could, e.g., create a Gmail address, then forward your Comcast emails there, where you then might be able to print them if need be. If you STILL can't print, you may have something else going on.

Just a thought.

Regular Visitor

Thank-you for caring so much about my problem.  Yes, I can go online and print from there and I can also print from every other program on my computer.  It's just very inconvenient that I can't print from my desktop mail application that came with my new computer with Windows 10.  I don't have any of my contacts saved online so I like to use the mail application on my desktop.  And obviously, I can't find a way to build my online address book (Comcast) as the .csv did not work.  I tried SEVERAL times.

Thanks for caring.

Contributor

Sounds like it's definitely something with your email client. Curious, what are you using? I use Thunderbird. Also sounds like some sort of setting from within the client may be incorrectly set. Look around the settings from within the client and see what jumps out at you. Let me know.

Contributor

So, here's a typical update. I got a call from someone at Comcast today, a day after their promised day where I made myself available for 5 hours, to give me another, different number "if the problem isn't resolved", and that they "closed the ticked because they couldn't get ahold of me." At least that's what I think the guy said because I could barely understand a word of the3 minute message he left, you know a guy by the name of "John". I think there was a long missive about getting a "survey", and all about that, as well. They really don't want my answers to their survey questions. I am about to call them shortly, but of course there goes the rest of my evening. 

Contributor

Update; ok, called the tel. # given to me by "John", which of course asked me if I wanted to speak with the tech who left me the message, option 1, which I chose, then the IVR asked me to enter the 7 digit code the tech was supposed to have left me. He didn't, because I hung up and re-listened to the long rambling message again. I then called back and chose option 2, which was to speak with anyone. Spoke with "Kit", who of course couldn't actually help me, but transferred me to a tier 3 tech, this time IN the US. He seems pretty cool, and wants to help, but had to research the issue, so asked if he could call me back within the hour, which I agreed to and he did. Guess what "workaround" he came up with? Go to Plaxo.com, and activate the premium account! I then explained that I already knew about that from these fora, but didn't want to do that, that I didn't want to accept yet more "Terms of Service" and yet another "Privacy Policy" and agree to receive yet more emails from Plaxo. What I wanted was for Comcast to fix THEIR problem so I, and anyone else, could go to the Comcast webmail site and do what it SAYS one can do there, import an address book "free and easy". And guess what, HE AGREED WITH ME. He understood my concerns, and said he would have to figure out just who to escalate this to, and asked if he could call me back tomorrow. I told him, sure, and if he has to tell him he's dealing with a big jerk who actually wants Comcast to fix their own problems, and stop relying on yet another third party provider, to do just that. I also told him that I didn't care just how long it took, but that they need to fix this, which would be good business, and actually might help Comcast retain customers, because I wondered just how many customers have simply not known to check in the forums, or just who to call, or simply out of sheer frustration, just QUIT Comcast and went to another provider who actually would allow them to do something as simple as IMPORTING AN ADDRESS BOOK.

So, like last year, from March to May, even though it took Tier 3 and above and me sending them print screens, etc., they helped me fix my email problem of the time, I fully expect they will find out and fix this problem as well. If MORE people would push companies like Comcast (or att or Verizon, Charter, Cox ad nauseum) to actually do what we PAY them for, then NONE of us would have to do what I am doing now, and ALL customers would experience a "good customer service experience", which is corporatespeak for "we will do nothing, but we will hire others to do it for us, and hopefully everything will work."

More to come, and I notice no answers to the questions I posed above in my earlier posts.

Official Employee

Hey folks,

I'm sorry I missed this thread previously.  It sounds like there's been a few issues brought up, including printing from webmail and address book building.  How can I help?  

Printing from webmail is something that can be done both through the application and through the browser.  Let me know what steps you're taking and any error your seeing.

As for building your address book, are you still having problems after you visited Plaxo.com?  It should be possible through the webmail address book, without issue.  How large is the address book you're attempting to import?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for joining the "conversation". I am the one with the address book importation issue, although I am certainly NOT the only one. ddvetz46 also has the same problem (and he or she is the one with the printing issue). I also have seen another thread on the address book issue that shows this issue goes back to Dec. of 2014! I am now in contact with your tier 3 tech support personnel, and am working with them to figure this out. I do NOT wish to use the Plaxo site as I have explained here and to your tier 3 tech Mike. I do NOT want to accept yet another "Terms of Service, Privacy Policy", and certainly do NOT want to agree to more emails from some company named Plaxo, where, it seems I have a "basic" account I NEVER signed up for or wanted. All I want is to go to the Comcast webmail site and do what it says  I CAN do from THERE, import my address book "free and easy". Where I have done it before (back in 2013, according to the website itself.) If you have read this entire thread you would have seen what my concerns are about all of this, along with some rather strong opinions on the matter. I've been with Comcast since it was TCI, Inc (when I worked for your company, back in 1996-1998), through the att acquisition (one of the worst corporations on the planet), and through your transvergence to Comcast. As I have stated here, on the phone and elsewhere, I actually like Comcast, which is why I am still with you after almost 20 years! But the workaround to do a simple importation of an address book through Plaxo is completely unacceptable, at least to me.

So, if you'd like to throw your hat in the ring, I will listen. But please don't try and convince me to "Activate a Premium Plaxo" account I don't want or need when Comcast's own web site should be able to accomplish such a simple task all by itself. 

The problem happening at the Comcast site is that no matter what type of file is used, either .vcf. or .csv, after uploading the proper and good file one gets, in red a "Please specify a valid file" error message. Again, I read about this exact same error from Dec. of 2014 and beyond. I wanted to attach a screen print of the image, that I have, and I could have sworn a simple copy & paste would have done it, as I believe I did above in another post of mine from the other day, but now it seems that doesn't work, and the "Insert/edit image" command wants a source and dimensions. I tried typing in the path to my image but of course that doesn't work either. So, if you want to see that image, you'll have to explain just how to do what I already did once earlier. 

Contributor

Update; Got a callback, as promised, from the tier 3 technician Mike, who told me this: There is a National Ticket number out for the address book problem. That ticket # is SI0057577448. Also, one of the reasons that the importation doesn't work is, allegedly, Comcast is working on an upgrade to the address book itself which is, also allegedly scheduled to be implemented in the 4th quarter of this year. (4th quarter!) And, of course, that is a tentative schedule. So, at this time the only workarounds are the unacceptable Plaxo account upgrade, or actually entering manually each address one needs. Neither is very good, but I believe I will opt for the latter.

But, at least Mike did call back as he promised he would, and also promised to update me by phone or email if anything changes substantially. At this point I am willing to take him at his word.

Still boils down to a problem for something usually simple that has been going on for now over a year and isn't expected to be fixed for yet another year. Two years to be able to successfully import an address book. Shameful, really. No way to run a business.

Official Employee

Hello,

I've sent you a private message.

Regards,

Queen

Comcast Silicon Valley

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

^ what is this bs.. OBVIOUSLY A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH ADDRESS BOOK IMPORTS AND YOU GUYS WANT US TO PAY AN OUTSIDE SERVICE THAT YOU DECIDED TO OUTSOURCE TO MANAGE YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS FOR A SERVICE THAT WE ALREADY PAY YOU FOR?! so you pm the op instead of giving the answer to everyone.. i can only assume that means you guys are paying for the premium account for the squeaky wheel and dont want the rest of us to see that you're willing to do so to shut people up while the majority will be frustrated and just pay plaxo. 

not having it. i run a computer shop and i've never had this issue with any other email program.. this is absolutely ridiculous. i will be letting every customer that walks in my door who is interested in cable know of this issue along with numerous other issues you guys keep manufacturing.

Contributor

chuckandsue,

While I agree with your sentiments, the suggestion pm'd to me, the op, was to send them my address book file and THEY would add it in (presumably using Plaxo, which is actually free, even the Premium version), which of course I refused to do, send a complete stranger my entire email address book, not that they wouldn't have access to it once it IS uploaded or entered by me personally. There is NO privacy left on the Internet, especially through standard email, no matter the provider. But as I wrote in a previous message, it is a "known issue" by Comcast with a "national ticket" in, and with a new address book potentially coming by the FOURTH quarter of 2016! Tentatively! So, as I wrote, two years, to MAYBE fix a seemingly simple problem by a multibillion dollar INTERNET corporation to fix a service many of us may actually depend on (I don't actually), but a service that should be simple and free as they advertise, and that we are ALREADY paying for.

Gold Problem Solver

chuckandsue wrote: ... AN OUTSIDE SERVICE THAT YOU DECIDED TO OUTSOURCE TO MANAGE YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS ...

Plaxo is a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxo

New Poster

YUP AND THEY CONTINUE TO PRETEND THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND DIRECT PEOPLE TO THE STANDARD IMPORT ON HERE THEN AND ONLY THEN IF THE CUSTOMER RESPONDS WHEN IT DOESNT WORK - ITS BROKEN - I HAVE A TECH HERE FOR A DIFF REASON RIGHT NOW AND HE KNEW ITS BROKEN TOO - THEY SEND YA TO PLAXO TO PAY MORE MONEY - THATS EVEN WORSE IF PLAXO IS A SUBSIDIARY OF COMCAST LOL GETS WORSE AND WORSE

Gold Problem Solver

chuckandsue wrote: ... THEY SEND YA TOPLAXO TO PAY MORE MONEY ...

As stated above, there is no charge to use the Plaxo workaround. Also as stated above, the workaround should not be necessary. But Comcast is a corrupt, unethical, and incompetent company, and Forum regulars suggest workarounds when they are know to exist to bypass Comcast ineptitude.

So many of Comcast's shortcomings have no workaround. I'll take every one I can get, especially if it means I don't have to deal with the Horror that calls itself Comcast Customer Service.

Contributor

BruceW wrote:

chuckandsue wrote: ... THEY SEND YA TOPLAXO TO PAY MORE MONEY ...

As stated above, there is no charge to use the Plaxo workaround. Also as stated above, the workaround should not be necessary. But Comcast is a corrupt, unethical, and incompetent company, and Forum regulars suggest workarounds when they are know to exist to bypass Comcast ineptitude.

So many of Comcast's shortcomings have no workaround. I'll take every one I can get, especially if it means I don't have to deal with the Horror that calls itself Comcast Customer Service.

Ya know Bruce, I'm growing to like you. Pull no punches, I say.

chuckand sue, two things, as I stated and Bruce reiterated, Plaxo is FREE. I CHOOSE to not use it for the workaround only because I have to sign new T&S Agreement and Privacy Agreement and agree to receive more spam from them, AND I feel that Comcast really should just fix the problem. Bruce is correct in his statement about suggesting workarounds when they are available. We have the choice to use those workarounds or persist in being a PITA to Comcast to MAYBE effect change. I, personally have had mostly positive interactions with most Comcast reps, whether csr's or techs. I have stated my opinions as to why I think those reps and techs a lot of the time simply CAN'T help us. See above. And two, YOU DO KNOW AS A COMPUTER SHOP OWNER THAT ALL CAPS IS BAD NETIQUETTE, YES? I get that your ticked off, as am I about this situation but truthfully, nothing has ever come that is any good when customers are simply nasty to reps, or others who are only trying to help. And I come from 20 years in the telecommunications industry, both for Comcast (way back when it was TCI) and the phone company in Ct., SNET, SBC then att (ptui!), as both a field technician and the last 4 1/2 years AS one of those customer service reps, so I can speak on this from direct experience. (I no longer do any of that) I know when a customer would call in with a problem, say, on their bill, and they were abusive, using nasty language, yelling, etc. EVERY rep, including me to some extent was LESS likely to do what we could to help the customer, and for some reason they never got that. Also, as a customer of these companies for decades I have honed my diplomatic skills to such a point that I generally get what I want, and many times, without even asking, get credit on my bills, or some other monetary remuneration. Being nice, and knowledgeable actually works, for we are ALL human.

New Poster

I too have been having this problem of creating a Comcast address book from a csv file, and finally got it to work. I clicked on the Plaxo link that Bruce provided and logged on with my Comcast email address and password. Then clicked on Import under the Address Book tab, selected the CSV Import option on the resulting page and had it browse to the csv file on my laptop. In the lower right hand corner of that page is an Upload option. On my laptop it's hard to see because it's in white on a very light blue background. But clicking on it resulted in all of my contacts being uploaded to my Plaxo/Comcast address book.

I should say that before doing this I had switched from Xfinity Connect Full to Xfinity Connect Lite because of a reply that I had read from someone else trying to solve this same problem. But I don't know if that was really necessary to get this Plaxo solution to work.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation