Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Blackout then different sizes on screen

Regular Visitor

Blackout then different sizes on screen

Was on computer and screen went blank on 11/23/17 for a few seconds. When computer came back on the items on the screen were large almost to the point of not fitting without readjusting ex. outlook.

Then favorite game spider solitaire the cards are not as big so more difficult to play but the tabs like hint, undo etc are large.

Tried to restore computer back to 11/20/17. Did not help.

Expert

Re: Blackout then different sizes on screen

SylviaKay wrote:

Was on computer and screen went blank on 11/23/17 for a few seconds. When computer came back on the items on the screen were large almost to the point of not fitting without readjusting ex. outlook.

Then favorite game spider solitaire the cards are not as big so more difficult to play but the tabs like hint, undo etc are large.

Tried to restore computer back to 11/20/17. Did not help.

Something has adjusted your sizing...   press the CTRL key and the -  (dash) key and adjust to your liking.

Regular Visitor

Re: Blackout then different sizes on screen

Ended up calling microsoft phone number. They ended up installing or updating a driver. I am not computer savy to do something of that nature.  They got the screens almost back to original sizes.  Should have had them check a few other things while I was on phone with them. Asked if they could figure out which app prevents the computer to shut down. Always have to press the tab " shut down anyway"....  Also in this community forum I do not know when you want the green check-mark as an acceptable solution to the problem.  Maybe if I use it more I'll figure it out but do not really like to spend lots of time on computer