Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Best web browser

Regular Visitor

Best web browser

What is the best web browser to use while viewing comcast on my computer?
Problem Solver

Re: Best web browser

kind of depends on what Comcast has deployed, (and how sucessful thier current cross browser compatability is),

for the Comcast web pages "this week",   on a week by week basis.

best to install several browsers to have and use as necessary.

Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.

also there are Opera, IE, Edge - win10.

there are many reviews of web browsers, here's one ,

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/software/best-web-browser-2016-3635255/

Contributor

I mentioned this in another section that deals with Xfinity.com website:  My IE 11 (working in Windows 7) barely works with the Comcast NEW website.  Sometimes it loads, most times it doesn't.  And when I do get on the website, mail takes forever to load - if it loads at all.  Most times I cannot even get into my Account info.  This problem started several days ago and it happens on both my laptop and desktop.  Both are running Windows 7, IE 11 and Norton Security Suite (provided by Comcast).  All s/w is up to date.  I have cleared history/cache/cookies/etc. and it doesn't make any difference.  I've also noticed it takes longer than it used to retrieve my email on my smartphone using the Xfinity Connect App.

I finally had to resort to using Google Chrome when using the Comcast website because at least I can get into my account and check my emails.  My wife and I prefer IE 11 due to the Favorites feature (which Chrome doesn't appear to have).  I'm hoping that IE 11 will begin working again once Comcast has ironed out the bugs with this new website.

Problem Solver

I've been using the chrome browser for a while now and find no difficulty using the IE Favorites.  They've been Imported to the Bookmark Bar  and I've set up additional bookmarks and folders in chrome.

adding bookmarks.PNG

Clicking on the white star, gives you the ability to bookmark the page.  Clicking on the 3 horizontal bars open the controls for chrome,  go down to Bookmarks, that gives you access to the Bookmark Manager.  From there you can use IE favorites {imported} or any of the other bookmarks/favorites on both browsers.

I hope this helps and hasn't confused you.  Good Luck,

ciao, bj

Contributor

Thanks, BlueJay!  I guess I was going on old information regarding Chrome and Favorites.  I'm going to check out your suggestion this weekend and see if it works for us.  If it does, then good bye IE 11!!!

Problem Solver

You're welcome, g-hodgson.  Glad to help. Smiley Happy    Give a shout if you have any questions.  

ciao, bj

Contributor

BlueJay:  I just checked out the Bookmarks tips you gave me for Chrome and they worked like a charm. The only thing I'll have to get used to (after all these years of using IE) is seeing my Favorites at the top of the screen versus pinned to the left side of the screen. But in the grand scheme of things, that's a minor issue. Just glad to have a browser that will work with this new and improved Xfinity website, as well as all of my previous Favorites. Again, thanks for your help!

Problem Solver

My pleasure, g-hodgson.  It does get easier with use.  Smiley Happy   Just a reminder, use the Import/Export function to backup the bookmarks in Chrome.

I do it periodically because of the many additions and deletions I make.

ciao, bj

Contributor

Got it, BlueJay.  Thanks!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation