Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Being blacklisted because of Comcast

New Poster

Being blacklisted because of Comcast

My emails to a friend at her @vodafone.com email address are being blacklisted. Problem -- no surprise -- is, "Email sent by Comcast subscribers using a mail program such as Outlook Express are required to send the email through Comcast."

I am an Earthlink subscriber so that I can keep the same email address I've had for nearly 20 YEARS. I have equity in that email address, and I need to email this important person in my life!

What gives? What can you do so that I can send emails to "@vodafone.com" recipients? And I need the answer in plain English, please. Laymen's terms.

Email Expert

Re: Being blacklisted because of Comcast

Are you, in fact using Outlook Express?  If so did you try sending using only the Comcast webmail interface?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I haven't tried using Comcast webmail because I don't want to use it ever so whether or not it works is irrelevant. As for Outlook, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2010.

New Poster

Thanks, by the way, for responding!

Email Expert

MollyBad wrote:

I haven't tried using Comcast webmail because I don't want to use it ever so whether or not it works is irrelevant. As for Outlook, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Whether the webmail UI works OK is not irrelevant.  I asked the question for a reason.  If it works OK using only the webmail UI, that tells me something is going on between Outlook and the recipient's email provider.  So you need to try that if only to establish that it is not the Comcast account itself causing the issue.  Did this just start suddenly after it had been working for a long time or is it an ongoing thing?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Could you explain more about your setup?  Are you using both a comcast.net and earthlink.net address to send emails?  I don't see any traffic in our logs for your UID or IP through our platform.  I thought Outlook allowed you to specify different SMTP server configurations for each individual account, but I'll try to verify this today.  This would allow you to use the Earthlink SMTP servers when using your earthlink.net address, and the Comcast SMTP servers when using your comcast.net address.  I apologize if I've misstated your setup, and confused the issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I see; that makes sense. I will try it using my webmail program and narrow it down as you suggest. This has only been going on for about three months now, and it's just with one (very close) friend's email (the recipient). That alone should tell me something, too, right? It must be with her email provider?

Thanks!

M

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation