Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Any email account creation/deletion frequency limitations??

Frequent Visitor

Any email account creation/deletion frequency limitations??

I use a website that requires an email address. That's not unusual. But this website limits information to a single run using a single email address. It also limits the scope of the information it gives you. To get at all of the information I will need to create a new email address for each "run". I expect to need to run the program 262 times to acquire all the information.

My current Comcast account allows me 7 email addresses. I have used 4.

I can obviously create a 5th address and use it for a run and delete it. But, can I create a second 5th address, use it, delete it, and so on, 262 times?

I would like to make a run once a week. This will take (262 / 52 weeks/yr =) 5 years until completion. I'm comfortable with that, and honestly, can't use the data from a run faster than that anyway. Hopefully, the website will still be available in 5 years - I hadn't thought of that until this writing.

Is there a limit on how many new email addresses I can create in my account? Is there a limitation on how often those addresses can be created or deleted? Is there a cooling off period, that is, I delete it and must wait 3 days for it to clear? Is there any similar wait time when I create a new email address?

Thanks for your help,

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation