Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Android 4.4.2 Default e-mail app no longer connects

New Poster

Android 4.4.2 Default e-mail app no longer connects

Originally set-up POP3 and stopped connecting late yesterday. Phone is an LG Tribute/Android WiFi capable. Network is good as I can browse and use Maps app. Comcast Mail account is working from PC with same credentials. Deleted account from phone and tried IMAP set-up but I get msg that "Unable to connect, check your network or account settings.

Was POP3 in the clear, but I would like to turn-on SSL. Also, I do not want to install the xfinity app from google (started to) as they want me to share EVERYTHING on the phone & that I won't do.

Is this a known issue/change that occurred on the mail server?

New Poster

Re: Android 4.4.2 Default e-mail app no longer connects

I am having a similar problem. My email was working initially with IMAP settings on my Android 5.0.2. Everything was fine and all of a sudden stopped. I havent received an email on my device since 7/2/15. Same credentials and access works via my PC. 

A quick resolution would be appreciated as I have been a customer for a 10+ years. 

Thanks in advance,

-JW

New Poster

I went into the Android App Store, downloaded and installed xfinity connect. That is what I'm using now for ComCast mail. Hope that helps.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. When I setup the server it hangs for a long time on Cheking [incoming/outgoing] server settings... then eventually says:

Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response from server.

This only fails on my Android phone Samsung Galaxy S5 Active on my home wifi. If I switch to cell towers, it works. Seems like a problem from the cable modem or with comcast, maybe a dead DNS or bad cached record somewhere in the chain.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation